Graphics
NVIDIA 1080TI
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone,

First time hackintosh installer here. I’m using the latest Unibeast tool UniBeast 8.3.2, with High Sierra 10.13.4.

I decided to work on a hackintosh build using some spare parts I have. I checked online and believe my parts have been used in successful builds.

My parts:
  1. Intel i5 6400
  2. Asus B150 Pro 03
  3. 2x8GB DDR3 G.SKILL AEGIS
  4. I'm currently using the HDMI port directly off the mother board. (Onboard video)
    1. I have a Nvidia 1080TI I'd like to use for this build, but also have a 1060.
  5. Samsung 250gb EVO 850 SSD
  6. 750 Watt PSU - EVGA

I downloaded the latest High Sierra install from the App Store today and completed the install USB using the latest Unibeast tool.

I made the recommended changes to my bios from the install guide and loaded the USB to start the install.

During the High Sierra initial boot from Clover, I see the Apple loading screen but then I see the No sign.

I reviewed some forum notes and tried a few different things:
  1. I am booting with the default boot arguments:
    1. dart=0 nv_disable=1
  2. And have selected Verbose (v)
  3. PCI Devices:
    1. USB Ownership - Checked
    2. USB Injection - Checked

I’m able to get to the Apple loading screen but then my system crashes with the error: Still waiting for root device

My screen soon starts to turn into garbled text, but I'm able to grab the picture of the screen before it happens.

Can anyone please help point me in the right direction for my build?

• I've tried a 16gb 2.0 USB stick and a 64gb 3.0 USB stick and tested in different USB ports but received the same error regardless.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Many, many thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same issue and did tons of research with no luck

Yes, I was able to resolve the issue by formatting the boot hd first. I had taken the boot hd from a windows machine.

I hooked up the boot hd to my mbp and ran the “disk utility - format” on the drive. I used the same instructions as what the guide shows.

The install seemed to work fine after I did that.

Hope this helps.

Did you ever figure it out? I'm having the same issue and did tons of research with no luck
Any success on your end? I'm still struggling with this issue and have followed similar steps.

Yes, I was able to resolve the issue by formatting the boot hd first. I had taken the boot hd from a windows machine.

I hooked up the boot hd to my mbp and ran the “disk utility - format” on the drive. I used the same instructions as what the guide shows.

The install seemed to work fine after I did that.

Hope this helps.
But why would formatting the HD matter if the system is still loaded on the Clover USB? How can you connect an internal SSD to a different computer through USB (if that's really what needs to be done for a clean install)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back