Contribute
Register

[SOLVED]EVGA 8400 GS 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System/Laptop make and model names > See Forum Rules!
CPU
i5-2500
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Im having a lot of trouble getting this card to work in Lion. I have full resolution by adding my id which is (10c310de) to nvdanv50hal.kext and using graphicsenabler=yes and it detects my card, however I don't have qe. Also when I try and install final cut it tells me that my nvram = 0. Dvdplayer also gives an error about no video device. I've tried nvenabler64 and it has the same effect as graphicsenabler=yes only it says unknown nvidia card. I have a h67m-d2-b3 board with an i5 and have dsdt 1.1 for it. I think it might make a difference so the rev id is (0x00a2) because I've seen posts with non EVGA brand 8400s working. I've wasted over 40 hours of time trying different combinations of kexts and edits. Please help

Re: EVGA 8400 GS 512mb

strix9 said:
Im having a lot of trouble getting this card to work in Lion. I have full resolution by adding my id which is (10c310de) to nvdanv50hal.kext and using graphicsenabler=yes and it detects my card, however I don't have qe. Also when I try and install final cut it tells me that my nvram = 0. Dvdplayer also gives an error about no video device. I've tried nvenabler64 and it has the same effect as graphicsenabler=yes only it says unknown nvidia card. I have a h67m-d2-b3 board with an i5 and have dsdt 1.1 for it. I think it might make a difference so the rev id is (0x00a2) because I've seen posts with non EVGA brand 8400s working. I've wasted over 40 hours of time trying different combinations of kexts and edits. Please help

You have full resolution, but no graphics acceleration. That's different. Did this card work fine in SL?

I havent tried it in SL. Only bought it because intel hd2000 wasnt supported. My best guess is that its somthing with the Geforce.kext but all other versions I have tried cause a KP.

I feel so stupid. Every time I post I end up answering my own question a day later. Anyways maybe it will help someone else. My problem was that there was something wrong with the GeforceGlDriver.bundle. I replaced it with one from kexts.com and now everything works. Thanks to all who gave it some thought for me.

I have the exact same card, but I only have 1024x768 as my only resolution in Lion.

Can you tell me what kext did you used, please?

Thanks in advance.

To get mine working with full resolutions I had to add the device id of my card (it should display your cards ID in the system report) to nvdanv50hal.kext. Also I had to switch to VGA port cuz the DMI wouldn't work all the way to the desktop for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back