Contribute
Register

[Solved] Error during installation. Problem with SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Summary: Mojave fails to install on an SSD, that was previously used for El Capitan. After erasing, Clover is still present on the disk, and Mac OSX shows up as a boot device. Could this be causing the installation problem, and if so; how do I fully clean this disk and prepare it for a fresh installation.

Hi there! I have run into problems while installing Mojave on my desktop. I already spent many hours trying to solve this problem, without success. Hopefully it is something really simple and someone from the forum can help.

-I am trying to install Mojave on a system that I have been using El Capitan on for three years already.
-I bought a new SSD from Samsung. To avoid any mistakes, I first used SuperDuper to clone my working El Capitan installation to this new drive. Then I changed the system definition there from MacPro 3,1 to iMac 14,2 so I could download Mojave and prepare the USB with UniBeast.
-When that was done I disconnected the old working El Capitan drive, all other harddrives, and I also disconnected the GFX 760 videocard (will install it again later when NVIDA releases drivers). My other configuration is in my profile and signature.
-Following instructions from the installation guide, I erased this new drive naming it Mojave and formatted it to OSX Extended (journaled).
-Installation first seems to proceed normally, but the computer restarts very quickly (<1 minute). Then I get the following error message (image 1).

I tried to do it again like three times, but every time the same error message. Could there be something wrong with my drive?

Strangely enough, it seems like the disk was not completely erased when I did so. If I boot from this disk I still get a Clover screen. Also when I select boot devices I see two times Mac OS X and UEFI OS on there (image 2), whilst the new Samsung 500gb SSD is the only drive that is inserted and should be completely erased. Is this causing my problems? If so, how can I fix it? I mounted the EFI on the new drive with Clover Configurator and deleted all files, but still Clover is present on the disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

image 1.jpeg

image 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Solved harddisk issue by flashing the BIOS

The issue with the installation in general was solved by creating the creating the Boot USB from a non-hackintosh MacBook Pro. So downloading Mojave from my Hackintosh and creating the USB resulted in a non-working installation drive!!

Luckily everything works now, but what a time consuming hassle it's been, while actually it was something really simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back