Core i7-6500U
Graphics
Intel HD520 Discrete Graphics Geforce Nvidia 940m 1920x1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

I am having a bit of a hiccup while upgrading to High Sierra. I have a Lenovo Yoga 700-14isk Running Sierra 10.12.6 Flawlessly; I am trying to update to High Sierra and while doing so I encountered a couple of issues:

I downloaded the High Sierra installer from App Store, Upgraded Clover to Version 4220. I ran the installer for High Sierra and restarted as asked. The installer Begins and runs into a KP due to my Skylake ig-platform, In order for the installer not to get that KP, I have to input 0x12345678 in the Clover.

After that is worked out I get to the "Dsmos has arrived" part, but I get a "Sound Assertion at line 3593" and "Sound Assertion at line 1054".

I get the Following MSG: "Tue Sep 26 03:45:19 2017 MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing Respawn out by 10 Seconds." and Hangs there forever.

Can anyone give me a hand on this? I appreciate all the help given.

I have attached pictures for your review.

Thank you,

R.

Attachments

• IMAG0066.jpg
    IMAG0066.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 163
  • IMAG0071.jpg
    IMAG0071.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 161
Hello All,

I am having a bit of a hiccup while upgrading to High Sierra. I have a Lenovo Yoga 700-14isk Running Sierra 10.12.6 Flawlessly; I am trying to update to High Sierra and while doing so I encountered a couple of issues:

I downloaded the High Sierra installer from App Store, Upgraded Clover to Version 4220. I ran the installer for High Sierra and restarted as asked. The installer Begins and runs into a KP due to my Skylake ig-platform, In order for the installer not to get that KP, I have to input 0x12345678 in the Clover.

After that is worked out I get to the "Dsmos has arrived" part, but I get a "Sound Assertion at line 3593" and "Sound Assertion at line 1054".

I get the Following MSG: "Tue Sep 26 03:45:19 2017 MacBook-Pro.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.WindowServer) <Notice>: Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing Respawn out by 10 Seconds." and Hangs there forever.

Can anyone give me a hand on this? I appreciate all the help given.

I have attached pictures for your review.

Thank you,

R.

Sounds like you did not disable the Nvidia.
Read relevant part of the guide (in post #2):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

@RehabMan You were correct My friend. It was the NVidia Discreta Card.

Instead of going through all the Fuzz in the Plist, I just disabled in the Bios. Works like a Charm!

Thank you very much.

You quoted the solution to the problem.
I don't have the same configuration.

Graphics: 2 GB Intel HD Graphics 4000 and 1 GB AMD Radeon HD 7670M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back