RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I can boot from UniBeast thumb drive and rBoot CD automatically.
But, I cannot boot from any HDD (internal or external) that uses Chimera without first entering the F10 Boot screen on startup. This is even after I change settings in the BIOS enabling boot from one of these Chimera drives by default.

Not a huge problem, really. But does anyone know of a simple solution?
Would enabling UEFI make a difference?

thanks.

Re: Computer won't boot automatically from HDD with Chimera

I am having the same issue. Computer goes straight into Windows Boot Manager. Fresh install of Lion, I have tried both Chimera and Chameleon. Has any one encountered this issue? If so, could you please tell us how you fixed it.

gravitized said:
I am having the same issue. Computer goes straight into Windows Boot Manager. Fresh install of Lion, I have tried both Chimera and Chameleon. Has any one encountered this issue? If so, could you please tell us how you fixed it.

Hey Gravitized,
I may have found something that will help.

Enter your BIOS and enable UEFI (should be on the Boot page). Someone in another post suggested this and claimed it worked. I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

If it works, let me know.

Thanks for that StudioK :thumbup: . I was actually going to tell you that I figured out my issue. Make sure the drive where you installed Khimera is set as your primary boot device. Even if you think it is, double check. The way the drives are named in the BIOS I find annoying, something I overlooked :silent: .

Now to get my GTX570 working :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back