Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] Chimera Boot screen messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ok. Thanks for the tip. I also have this other problem that hasn't got any response for ages. Its just that my Hackintosh can't Shut down properly. Here's the thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=169&t=31054

I had lots of problems throughout that thread. But the only thing that remains is the shut down problem. :banghead:

Thanks a lot!
MuTz777

This definitely isn't solved for me.

I'm very certain it has nothing to do with the theme or any boot flags. My guess it it's something on my drive, either in the hidden EFI partition, an error in my file structure, or a file itself (maybe a kext?). I'm not a programer, so those are just guesses.

I had this issue since my first time making a hackintosh. I used the 2nd LifeHacker guide (from I think 2008 or 2009). I did the installation exactly has they instructed, with the exception of using a slightly different Nvidia 9800GT and the 300GB WD VelociRaptor HDD. I notice the issue right after the first clean install of OSX 10.6.

Late last year I put together a new system using the standard iBoot+MultiBeast. For this system I did a clean install on a brand new hard drive (a 400GB WD VelociRaptor) and didn't have the issue at all. I booted into the new HDD, updated to 10.6.8, ran EasyBeast, restarted, STILL no problems.

Then I used Migration Assistant to bring everything over from the original 300GB VelociRaptor. I copied over all my user settings, apps, extra files, everything Migration Assistant offers to copy over, restarted...BAM! See the pixelation in the Chimera boot loader!

If I unplug my main drive and boot into another drive, no problems. It's something on my one drive that's remnant of my first install. I've even upgraded to 10.7 on the new HDD and still see it. Also, after repartitioning my first VelociRaptor, it no longer has this problem.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back