Graphics
550ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My system was working fine on 1.4.0. I updated to 1.4.1 and now my CPU speed is more than halved. I used to be getting geekbench scores or over 10000. Now I'm getting like 4000. MSR Tools also reports an actual frequency of 1.6GHZ instead of 4.2GHZ. The bios confirms 4.2GHZ. What do I do?

System Specs:
i5-2500k
GA-P67X-UD3-B3 bios rev 4
4g corsair ddr3 ram
saphirre ati 5450 1024 graphics
user dsdt
chimera 1.4.1

Re: Chimera 1.4.1 Issues

I've run into a ton of issues since this update. I'm not sure if it's the update itself. I erased my hard drive and backed up from an earlier save, re-ran dsdt and chimera 1.4.0 and I'm still having these cpu speed issues. I deleted nullcpupowermanagement around the same time I updated, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. when I tried re-installing it my computer restarts itself even in safe mode while booting. any ideas?

Re: Chimera 1.4.1 Issues

i restored from a time machine backup and ran multibeast to get the chimera bootloaders. do i need to rerun bridge helper, or would that be backed up in time machine. I feel like this is a stupid question since most of my system is working. just trying to figure out why my cpu is running slow (1.6, when it should be 3.2) the bios confirms 3.2, but the os runs it slow.

I don't know how this happened, but somehow my bios settings changed. I know I set to default when I updated my bios, but I went back and changed everything and my system was running perfectly afterwards. I didn't go back into bios afterwards to change stuff when I updated Chimera, but I dunno... weird. Anyway I changed the Halt function to disabled and now my overclocking works and geekbench scores are back up to normal.

Edit: Guess I don't know enough about the smbios.plist, researching now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back