Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell 7390 2-1
CPU
i7-8650U
Graphics
UHD 620
So I am having a very difficult time being able to adjust the default partition on Chimera. I recently purchased a new ssd and cloned my existing start up to it. I have tried multiple ways of using the Default Partition key (hd, UUID, "name") and it still defaults to the old HD. Is there a cache somewhere that I need to delete so that it uses my org.chameleon.boot.plist or is there anything else someone could suggest? I am sure it is something dumb I am missing. :?:

Update:...yeah don't forget to reinstall Chimera on your cloned drive...

Re: Cannot change default partition/hard drive

Have you tried BIOS settings, boot priority?

Also after cloning, you must also run Chimera and install on the SSD if you want to boot from the SSD. Otherwise, it will boot using the HD boot sector and then have to press space bar and select the SSD. -- which I assume is not what you want.

Re: Cannot change default partition/hard drive

Do you have Chimera installed on the SSD?

NP. There is a scenario where you don't need Chimera on the 2nd drive. For example, both drives connected on the same PC, and the 2nd one is used as a backup clone image. You can bootup using your 1st HD and just select the 2nd HD for recovery operation.

But in your case, you want the 2nd HD to be the active bootloader. So yeah, Chimera is needed in your case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back