Contribute
Register

{ SOLVED } Can someone help out a confused idiot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark II
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have been getting along with my hackintosh for over 4 years and its been running except for the shutdown problem.
I recently moved from 1100 miles away and the hackintosh rode in the front passenger seat the entire trip.
It was not subjected to any stresses or bumps / bangs.
When i finally got moved into a temp rental while i look for a house, i sat up the hackintosh and it booted into a black screen that was from the monitor saying there was no signal on that input hdmi port. I have been messing with trying to get it working and finally discovered that if i unplug / plug back in the hdmi cable out of the back of the video card multiple times, the hackintosh comes back alive at the login screen.

The next thing i did was go into bios and validate that the onboard video was not turned on.
The motherboard is a asus sabertooth Z97 mark 2 with a haswell 4790k and 32 gigs ram . the video card im using is a radeon RX580 8 gigs vram
That video card has 2 hdmi / 2 DP / 1 DVi. I have tried all those ports to no avail. I have tried multiple hdmi cables thinking i was missing something stupid ( and im positive i am ) . The only way i can get to the login screen is to unplug/plug the hdmi cable from the bottom port of the video card to the upper hdmi port. back and forth and back and forth between the 2 hdmi ports on the rx580 and the login screen appears out of nowhere. currently the bios has the onboard video disabled and the primary set to auto. I have tried to force primary to PCIE in bios and that didnt change anything. i tried to turn on " both onboard and the RX580 " and that did nothing. i pulled the hdmi cable from the rx580 and popped it into the on board hdmi port and nothing.

im not osx / hackintosh literate enough to fix this issue on my own. im just an old boomer that got his hackintosh running fine and left it alone for 4 years until this odd ass thing. i cant see how moving it effected it but it was not doing this prior. when i get the login screen and login, everything runs fine and exactly as it did prior to the move.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Signed, dumbass boomer

Attachments

• 20230119_104426.jpg
    20230119_104426.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 22
Resolved......
Believe it or not it was the 40" 4K tv that i use as a monitor.
I have 3 of these 40" 4K tvs that i use for monitors and the one i was using
for the hackintosh has a problem talking to the RX580.
It works fine for streaming and everything else television related.
RX580 in Hackintosh ? Not so much.

I just went and got a different one and the login screen popped right up as soon as i turned it on.
I have shut down and restarted many times and its worked every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back