Graphics
Nvidia GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello everyone, It's been a lot since I last posted in this forum, I've recently applied the 10.6.7 update through Software Updates from 10.6.4 version, well, it turned out to be a bad idea, since I can no longer boot without iBoot.

With iBoot it's just fine, but I can't manage to boot from HDD, I've got a custom DSDT (not perfect, got issues with sleeping), but worked fine with it, I've tried latest Multibeast to no avail, tried -v and keeps going until screen goes black and I can't see messages anymore (is there a log or something??) -x doesn't work, setting pci root to 1 doesn't work either...

I'd really wouldn't like to reinstall 10.6.3 and go through all the process, to install 10.6.6, is there anything you suggest me to try? I've browsed a lot of forums and stuff and anything seems to work...

I'd like to try disabling all kexts I've installed and boot with the default ones, see how it goes... anyone knows how to do that?

HW:

Motherboard: MS-7187
CPU: Intel Core D 2.8 GHz (unsupported, need legacy)
GPU: Nvidia GTS 250 (not one of the Fermi's GPU I think)
2 Gb RAM
32 Bits

Doesn't work without custom DSDT either...

Re: Boot freeze after 10.6.7 update

I may have found something, I've managed to see some kernel logs, these lines are displayed when (failing) booting from HDD, they are not with iBoot:

EDIT: Totally unrelated...

Deleting all files in /Extra/Extensions and re-running Multibeast 3.4.0 didn't do it

I've also noticed, verbose mode doesn't display any info, it just shows a black screen with no cursor at all, the only info I see is prior booting the kernel, which is from chameleon bootloader...

any ideas??

[SOLVED] Boot freeze after 10.6.7 update

Nevermind, installed the 10.7.0 legacy kernel and it works now, I think the update just installed a different non-legacy (As I have an Intel Core D, which is an old, dual core, unsupported CPU) kernel...

I hope it helps anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back