Contribute
Register

[Solved] Asus z370-p and the try again later thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus z370-p Prime
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello Everyone,

Recently I sold my iMac and moved back to PC (couldn't play s**t on the iMac with an 755M 1GM in 2018),
and purchased:

Asus z370-P / i7-8700K
Msi 1060 6G OC
2 x 8GB ddr goodram sticks,
one 256gb evo860 ssd.

I put the stuff together and well... I hoped for a easier install ;-), out of despair I even tried Windows 10 *shivers* but that spyware couldn't find anything to install itself on without some extra .inf setup and well... (I still admire others ability for anger management when working with windows - if one can call it that).

That all unnecessary opinionated info aside: I'm currently not able to even install High Sierra because the installer is crapping out after it starts and I hit the ( > ) round button, the installer phones home (without an active internet connection it wont even start - which is a novelty to me as well) and after pressing ( > ) button again, the installer showed me the finger with a message I've never seen before:

“Installation of macOS could not continue. Installation requires downloading important content.
That content can't be downloaded at this time. Try again later.”

Yeah, try again later my *ss... Logs tell me that macOS tries to phone home and download something that isn't there and that my board id cant be identified or something like that...

Anyways:

Since I've seen a bunch of threads with ppl having the same or similiar config - could you please
post your /EFI dir zipped? Any special Bios settings to keep in mind when booting?

Thanks in advance, I owe you a beer o.<

Last edited:
I'm currently not able to even install High Sierra because the installer is crapping out after it starts and I hit the ( > ) round button, the installer phones home (without an active internet connection it wont even start
This has been fixed in UniBeast 8.3.2.

This has been fixed in UniBeast 8.3.2.

Hi P1GRIM, thanks for clearing this out, I wonder though, when was the Unibeast 8.3.2 released? Because I downloaded Unibeast like yesterday (I think) so the fix must be recent, right?

Hi again, after re-making the installer with UniBeast I'm happy to report an successful and fully working install! This was a really smooth experience without any issues, however- I wanted to know if the SMBios config for an iMac 14,2 is the right choice for the hardware I got? I'ts ab bit old (actually it's the exact 27inch model I sold from 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back