i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

When I download and install 10.13.6 then reboot, the update appears not have been installed. I am again prompted to download and install it after the reboot. I tried disabling SIP (unchecking everything under that section of the Clover boot options at boot time) but then my system fails to boot at all.

When I download and install 10.13.6 then reboot, the update appears not have been installed. I am again prompted to download and install it after the reboot.
When you system reboots you need to select Install macOS High Sierra Update from the Clover Boot Screen.

After rebooting when prompted I don't see the option in Clover to install an update. I see the same five options I always see:

1) Boot filevault prebooter from preboot
2) Boot macOS install prebooter from preboot
3) Boot macOS install from Sierra
4) Boot macOS from Sierra
5) Boot recovery from recovery

I normally boot with option 4, of course.

After rebooting when prompted I don't see the option in Clover to install an update.
Could be it's hidden from view because you already have 5 drives on your screen.
Did you try with the arrow keys if you could select any drive beyond the 5 you already see?

There is no way to access any hidden items by scrolling left/right. Maybe there is an option I need to enable in Clover to show it? See screen shot

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.37.30.png
    Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 12.37.30.png
    99 KB · Views: 193
There is no way to access any hidden items by scrolling left/right. Maybe there is an option I need to enable in Clover to show it? See screen shot
What happens if you boot from "Boot macOS install from Sierra" ?

I end up with a window that says it's installing the OS and this will take 27 minutes. Because this boot entry is always there and because I don't recall the update window looking like this, I stopped the process before it started.

I end up with a window that says it's installing the OS and this will take 27 minutes. Because this boot entry is always there and because I don't recall the update window looking like this, I stopped the process before it started.
Sometimes the install requires as many as three boots from the installer before it completes.
Once completed the Install option will disappear.

So, don't cancel it just let it run.

Ok, that was it. The correct option is to choose "Boot macOS install from Sierra" after running the update option in the App Store. Then let it reboot three times. The option just wasn't called "Update".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back