Contribute
Register

So i have OSX on one HDD and win7 on another...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 z370
CPU
i7-8700k (@4.7gHz)
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I installed osx first, then windows 7, and now I want to be able to have the option to chose which system to boot into. right now it is defaulting to windows 7, and I want it to either default to OSx or to an option screen (which i know you can get if you have it defaulting to the iboot screen or the osx screen). So, what should I do? thanks for the help fellas!

How is your HDD's set up? Is your boot seqence DvD, SL then Windows? If so is your Bios set back to operate SL? Then you should be able to choose either OS in the chameleon screen.
I could be wrong but that's how I do believe they work. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.

eelhead said:
How is your HDD's set up? Is your boot seqence DvD, SL then Windows? If so is your Bios set back to operate SL? Then you should be able to choose either OS in the chameleon screen.
I could be wrong but that's how I do believe they work. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I am wrong.
when i try to set the boot sequence in bios, its set as hard disk first. However, it does not give me the option to choose WHICH hard drive boots first :\

Edit: durrr, figured it out now, had to switch the drive priority to the SL disk over the Win7 drive.

1337 said:
eelhead said:
when i try to set the boot sequence in bios, its set as hard disk first. However, it does not give me the option to choose WHICH hard drive boots first :\
That's odd, I don't have my mobo but when I first set it up it gave me a choice.

eelhead said:
1337 said:
eelhead said:
That's odd, I don't have my mobo but when I first set it up it gave me a choice.
I got it now, thanks for reminding me to check BIOS again!

Ugg, right after I installed ubuntu 10.10 onto the win7 drive, it messed my computer up. Now I have to boot from the iBoot disk, otherwise i get stuck at the "verifying dmi pool data." Anyone else expirence this? I'm going to try to clear my cmos and reset my bios to see if thats the issue :eek:

Edit: clearing cmos did nothing :(

bump, I tried to install ubuntu on a new HDD (not my windows 7 or mac osx drive) and it caused the same "verifying dmi pool data........" hang. Anyone know how to repair/fix this without reinstalling OSX AGAIN

1337 said:
Ugg, right after I installed ubuntu 10.10 onto the win7 drive, it messed my computer up. Now I have to boot from the iBoot disk, otherwise i get stuck at the "verifying dmi pool data." Anyone else expirence this? I'm going to try to clear my cmos and reset my bios to see if thats the issue :eek:

Edit: clearing cmos did nothing :(
You have to boot to the Ubuntu and run gptsync to repair the MBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back