Graphics
GV-N960WF2OC-2GD
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I finally decided I hate the default background on the login screen (Aurora I think it is), so I created one to use based on the Lion gray background. The steps to replace it are fairly simple:

1. Place the JPG file on the desktop (or some known location)
2. Open Terminal
2. Type cd /System/Library/CoreServices
3. Type sudo cp -p DefaultDesktop.jpg DefaultDesktop.jpg.bak just in case you might want to change it back
4. Type sudo cp ~/Desktop/NSTexturedFullScreenBackgroundColor1920x1080.JPG DefaultDesktop.jpg If it's not on the desktop, use the path to the file.
5. Logout and enjoy.

Yes I know it's gray but Aurora was bugging me. I think this looks much nicer. You can create it in other sizes by starting with the original Lion PNG file and saving it as JPG, but it's only 256x256 so it takes some replicating.

Attachments

• NSTexturedFullScreenBackgroundColor1920x1080.JPG
    NSTexturedFullScreenBackgroundColor1920x1080.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 7,329
jca99 said:
I finally decided I hate the default background on the login screen (Aurora I think it is), so I created one to use based on the Lion gray background. The steps to replace it are fairly simple:

1. Place the JPG file on the desktop (or some known location)
2. Open Terminal
2. Type cd /System/Library/CoreServices
3. Type sudo cp -p DefaultDesktop.jpg DefaultDesktop.jpg.bak just in case you might want to change it back
4. Type sudo cp ~/Desktop/NSTexturedFullScreenBackgroundColor1920x1080.JPG DefaultDesktop.jpg If it's not on the desktop, use the path to the file.
5. Logout and enjoy.

Yes I know it's gray but Aurora was bugging me. I think this looks much nicer. You can create it in other sizes by starting with the original Lion PNG file and saving it as JPG, but it's only 256x256 so it takes some replicating.

Topic moved to Customization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back