i7 6700k
Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I had El Capitan running on 3,1 and tried to update SMBIOS settings to 14,2 in clover Configurator, now the SMBIOS say it’s 14,2 but won’t boot even from usb, I get the Apple logo, it starts booting but then get black screen, think it maybe a graphics card issue? I’m using intel hd530. It won’t boot in any other modes or from recovery. Been at it for 3 days and still can’t get to boot, it was working before, now I’ve messed up my system!! Is there anything in the boot args I need to change? Bios settings are the same. Am fairly new to all this and only really know how to use UniBeast but even after a fresh El Capitan boot loader it won’t work.. pleeeeease help!!
Thanks in advance!

Hi, I had El Capitan running on 3,1 and tried to update SMBIOS settings to 14,2 in clover Configurator, now the SMBIOS say it’s 14,2 but won’t boot even from usb, I get the Apple logo, it starts booting but then get black screen, think it maybe a graphics card issue? I’m using intel hd530. It won’t boot in any other modes or from recovery. Been at it for 3 days and still can’t get to boot, it was working before, now I’ve messed up my system!! Is there anything in the boot args I need to change? Bios settings are the same. Am fairly new to all this and only really know how to use UniBeast but even after a fresh El Capitan boot loader it won’t work.. pleeeeease help!!
Thanks in advance!
It's recommended to use the closest SMBIOS that matches your hardware. In your case I think you can use SMBIOS 17,1. By the way, your hardware is compatible with latest macOS
The black screen issue happens because the HDMI port on some Gigabyte motherboards works only with the framebuffer-portcount set to four (04000000). You can find more info about this if you search about framebuffer patching.
Screen Shot 2020-10-02 at 10.14.52 AM.png

Hi, Thanks for replying!!

I'll have a look at that, i managed to get it booted but the screen flickers and the hd530 only say 4mb which i'm guessing is why? Apologies, i am pretty new at this. i tried to use the whatevergreen.kext just now before i saw your message and again same problem so am restoring from a backup to where i was. The only kext i have in 10.11 folder is fake SMC and the inject all usb one... do i ned any others? I don't have any devices listed as per your screen shot and not sure how to get them. are they from a dropdown menu in devices? as soon as i'm rebooted from recovery i'll take a look. Also if there's anything else i need in bios or clover config as well, i'd appreciate the help.

Thanks again and here's hoping i get rid of that flicker!!

All this came about from messing up the system id as was on 3,1 but wanted to update to sierra... am on 17,1 but now obviously have this issue and doubt just an update to sierra would fix. Just want to make sure all works then do a CCC so i can go back (something corrupted my backup drive when i was trying before i started all this and lost my original boot loader)

It's recommended to use the closest SMBIOS that matches your hardware. In your case I think you can use SMBIOS 17,1. By the way, your hardware is compatible with latest macOS
The black screen issue happens because the HDMI port on some Gigabyte motherboards works only with the framebuffer-portcount set to four (04000000). You can find more info about this if you search about framebuffer patching.
View attachment 490237

Hi tecnicasopr,

I have set the smbios to 17,1 and still have that flicker and graphics is showing 4mb.
I can't find those devices from the list and don't know how to do the framebuffer patching despite looking at loads of threads and trying various ways, not sure how to input code and can't find a solution on any thread with my problem/set up. I remember having this problem when i first started and set up to 3,1 but cant remember how i got the graphics card to accelerate (it was 1500 mb or something after and worked fine) i've tried loads of things but keep going round in circles.
Is it something to do with fixintelgfx? the only thing i've not tried to in the acpi in clover configurator. Just backing up so i can back to this point in case i mess it up again.
Here's my config.plist

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 89
Hi tecnicasopr,

I have set the smbios to 17,1 and still have that flicker and graphics is showing 4mb.
I can't find those devices from the list and don't know how to do the framebuffer patching despite looking at loads of threads and trying various ways, not sure how to input code and can't find a solution on any thread with my problem/set up. I remember having this problem when i first started and set up to 3,1 but cant remember how i got the graphics card to accelerate (it was 1500 mb or something after and worked fine) i've tried loads of things but keep going round in circles.
Is it something to do with fixintelgfx? the only thing i've not tried to in the acpi in clover configurator. Just backing up so i can back to this point in case i mess it up again.
Here's my config.plist

Thanks in advance!
Hackintoshing is something that's constantly evolving. With each new macOS release new adjustments need to be made. Why? Because some hardware that wasn't supported becomes supported and some supported hardware no longer is supported. Kexts evolve, plus new kexts are made for more support. Another thing you should pay attention is that some old fixes gets integrated in the bootloader so every new release of bootloader makes a big difference on how you're going to implement the fixes. Even very experience hackintoshers ends up sometimes with double or unnecessary fixes because they didn't notice a fix was integrated into a new bootloader release or new kext release. This is very tricky and time consuming. The good thing about this is that we can find all the information needed through the different hackintosh communities forums but the bad news is that even the forum moderators/administrators are trying to maintain the information organize, there is still a lot to do and at some forums, the organization by topics is a disaster. I wish somebody creates a new section from a hackintosh history perspective that can describe how fixes evolve specifying the macOS release when it started and the macOS release when it ended plus a separate section or subsection describing the way it evolve with the release of every new Chipset/CPU generation.
Looking at your config file I notice you are injecting Intel, now the recommended way is not to inject and just add the device properties. You are also renaming HDAS to HDEF but now most of the renaming is being done by the kexts in combination: Lilu, WhateverGreen and AppleALC. I understand that these old methods are being use because you are using an old macOS release. But todays new kexts are compatible with old macOS releases and sometimes is just a matter of adding a boot argument to make the kext work with old macOs releases.
It would be a lot easier if you just install the latest macOS release instead of trying to implement old fixes. You can try Catalina, is compatible with your hardware unless you are trying to use one of those Nvidia cards that are no longer supported with macOS latest releases or trying to use old apps that are not supported with latest releases.
The image I uploaded before is an example of how fixes are being made now. Before it was more common to implement fixes, like for example the four port framebuffer patch, to enable HDMI support on some Gigabyte motherboards at the devices section of the config file, but before that patch use to be implemented in kernel and kext patches section. I don't remember right now which macOS release started to use these fixes at the Device section of the config file but the point is that if your going to hackintosh the old style then maybe you should use the 4 port framebuffer patch in the kernel and kexts patches section instead of the Device section where I use it. I don't remember quit well but I think Toleda had a patch for this particular situation. If you look for it you will find it. When searching include skylake as part of the words you use to find the fixes you need. If I look in my old files I could find those old fixes. But you need to decide how are you going to hackintosh: the old school way or the new way with new kexts taking care of old fixes and possibly new bootloader is you want to be a little more adventuress.
Another thing I notice in your config file is that you didn't enable Plugin Type for proper power management. Also, you can get rid of Apple RTC, AppleIntelCPUPM and KernelPM fixes if you use the CFGLock tool to unlock the config in your UEFI/BIOS. More info is useful to know how are you approaching the problems, and base on which direction your taking will be the recommendations. That is why you should also mention which bootloader and version you are using together with kexts and versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back