Contribute
Register

Slideout Access to RAM, Hard Drive, Wifi- no screws needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonymacx86

Administrator
Staff member
Motherboard
Z370N WIFI
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The HP Probook has a slideout bay under it that allows screwless entry and access to memory, sata hard drive, wifi card, anything you want. You can probably even add a mobile gpu to the lower models if you really wanted to.

I took it off tonight to test an SSD. This laptop is seriously easy to mess around with- I had to take like 16 screws out before lifting the top off an old Dell :lol:

Standard SATA access inside- and space for any 2.5 laptop drive.

Check out these shots- apologies for the blurrycam!

HP-SSD1.jpg

HP-SSD2.jpg

HP-SSD3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its sweet! People ought to be aware that there may be a screw though. There should be one, but HP forgot it. Try actually issued a statement about it.

Ditto; access to media bay, HDD, CPU heatsink/fan, and RAM is simple and direct; nothing more than a mini-skirt.

Although my initial attempt to install Lion with UniBeast met with only partial success, future efforts will probably lead to a happy ending. :cool:

Sleeperman said:
Ditto; access to media bay, HDD, CPU heatsink/fan, and RAM is simple and direct; nothing more than a mini-skirt.

Although my initial attempt to install Lion with UniBeast met with only partial success, future efforts will probably lead to a happy ending. :cool:
mini-skirts and happy endings? Now THAT is a good way to sell people on a notebook. :D :D :D

liposuction said:
Sleeperman said:

mini-skirts and happy endings? Now THAT is a good way to sell people on a notebook. :D :D :D
HP ProBook 4530s Notebook PC - Remove/Replace videos
http://h20464.www2.hp.com/resultsCSR.ht ... E8406A2623

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back