Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I followed this tutorial (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-mojave-14-2-on-ga-z370p-d3-i5-8600k-intelhd630.268319/) to install Mojave on my new system:
  • Gigabyte Z370P D3
  • Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 4G
  • Fenvi FV-T919

My settings from the tutorial are roughly the same, although I don't use the internal graphics.

I've found that sleep doesn't work completely as expected. Auto sleep after XX minutes idle doesn't work (never worked on any system for me), but I can live with that. Also the system wakes up after 1 click, but needs 3 or 4 mouse clicks or keyboard keys to switch the monitors on. Strange? The Fenvi card keeps my Mac awake when Power Nap is enabled, but I am not using WiFi on this card. So I disabled WiFi and Power Nap works fine. The only thing I cannot put my finger on is that after about +/- 24 hours of sleep, my Mac just shuts down. No crash, no KP what so ever, just shutdown. I would like it to just sleep for days and being able to wake it in BT whenever I like. I haven't tried disabling Power Nap yet though.

Anyone else got this?

So it seems like my sharing options was the issue. When I run the following command:

Code:
sudo pmset -g

it gave me

Code:
sleep                0 (sleep prevented by sharingd)

So I checked my sharing options and I had the Remote Login (SSH) option enabled. When I disabled that, the auto sleep after XX minutes started working and also no shutdowns after 24 hours of sleep. Still needs 3 to 4 mouse/ keyboard clicks to fully wake it up, but I'm not bothered by that.

Hopefully this helps others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back