Motherboard
Dell Precision 3620
CPU
E1275v5
Graphics
GT 730
Trying to perfect Lenovo Thinkcentre M800 desktop with Sierra 10.12.6

Only sleep gives me troubles.

Using generated SSDT.aml (and NO NullCPUPowerManagement) as per Deepak's [Guide] Native Power Management for Hackintosh and How to Generate/Create SSDT

Machine goes to sleep, power button light blinks (like in Sleeping in Windows OS), NIC is also active blinking, but while trying to wake it up by power button press OR keyboard key press, all power is cut off to the machine (everything stops blinking) & can no longer power it on at all.

Whole power to the mobo goes!

I need to unplug it & plug back in & only then it powers back fine

Any help would be appreciated

sebus

edit:
With suggestions from VioletDragon in post #7 and RehabMan in post #37
I do have sleep working in the end. Wake from hibernate was not, but I just disabled it with
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
so no worries there, I have not tried hibernatemode 0 or 25

Last edited:
Try this one and report results :
You could also try SSDT-PluginType1 instead of the PM SSDT.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
Trying to perfect lenovo Thinkcentre M800 (as per signature) with Sierra 10.12.6

Only sleep gives me troubles.

Using generated SSDT.aml (and NO NullCPUPowerManagement) as per Deepak's [Guide] Native Power Management for Hackintosh and How to Generate/Create SSDT

Machine goes to sleep, power button light flickers, but on power press (to wake up), all power is cut off to machine & can no longer power it on. I need to unplug it & only then it comes back up fine

sebus

Majority of the time Broken Sleep is caused by Powermanagement & USB not being implemented correctly. You have not attached Problem Reporting Files. Attach Ioreg along with KextStat & Clover Folder with Themes removed. both zipped. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Code:
kextstat

Last edited:
Thanks P1Lgrim, but it made no difference, same behaviour. I think SSDT-PluginType1 is for laptop, Thinkcentre M800 is a desktop

@VioletDragon, files attached, I think I made the USB correct (acording to the Guide)

sebus

Last edited:
Thanks P1Lgrim, but it made no difference, same behaviour. I think SSDT-PluginType1 is for laptop, Thinkcentre M800 is a desktop

@VioletDragon, files attached, I think I made the USB correct (acording to the Guide)

sebus

AppleLPC isn't loaded. USB configuration is a mess. ACPI isn't patched. Your main concern atm is getting AppleLPC to load and patch ACPI.

Thanks, any pointer what must be done?

How is USB config a mess?

Intel Q150 Chipset - all USB3 8086:a12f work OK with RehabMan Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext
and SSDT edit by hand according to the guide

Last edited:
Thanks, any pointer what must be done?
How is USB config a mess?

Intel Q150 Chipset - all USB3 8086:a12f work OK with RehabMan Custom SSDT for USBInjectAll.kext
and SSDT edit by hand according to the guide

patch ACPI to what?

Try this. Download Rehabmans version of maciASL. Use Xcode to add ACPI, DSDT, Patches to config. Once youve done the following attach ioreg.

Code:
change _DSM to XDSM
<5f44534d>
<5844534d>

Make a SSDT injector. Call it SSDT-LPC.

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "Dragon", "SSDT-LPC", 0x00003000)
{
    Method (_SB.PCI0.LPCB._DSM, 4, NotSerialized)  // _DSM: Device-Specific Method
    {
        If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
        {
            Return (Buffer (One)
            {
                 0x03                                         
            })
        }

Return (Package (0x02)
        {
            "compatible",
            "pci8086,9cc1"
        })
    }
}

Half of the Ports are not being used. Ports needs to be removed that are not used. You're going way over the 15 Port Restrictor.

No, I am not! I have only 8 physical ports in the machine (6 x blue USB3 & 2 x USB2)

They are SS or HS depending what is plugged in.
One of the USB3 ports has in it 4 port powered USB3 hub

No, I am not! I have only 8 physical ports in the machine (6 x blue USB3 & 2 x USB2)

They are SS or HS depending what is plugged in.
One of the USB3 ports has in it 4 port powered USB3 hub

Incorrect. You have more than 15 Ports. Remember USB 3.0/XHC uses two entries in the 15 Port Restrictor.

Screen Shot 2017-08-20 at 18.04.58.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back