Register

Skylake-X/X299 and macOS Sierra 10.12 - [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same mainboard and CPU with yours,
Mainboard: Asus X299 Prime Deluxe / Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9
CPU: i7-7800X (6core)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte 1050Ti
but when I installing the 10.12.6 ,I got a stop at 'IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0'.
I tried many method,but not success.
how to fix this issue?

thanks for your reply.

I have the same mainboard and CPU with yours,
Mainboard: Asus X299 Prime Deluxe / Gigabyte X299 Aorus Gaming 9
CPU: i7-7800X (6core)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte 1050Ti
but when I installing the 10.12.6 ,I got a stop at 'IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0 now 0 sm 0x0'.
I tried many method,but not success.
how to fix this issue?

thanks for your reply.

it is a graphics cards driver issue... It happens when installing? If so, try to boot with the boot fag "-nv_disable=1". Please let me now if that solved your issue!

Cheers,

KGP

Hi, I sign up to this forum, which is for me the door into a new world, only to thanks @kgp for this thread!
I am spending last weeks understanding how to configure a dream rig, and your Goal System Configuration matches my desire pretty much (i9-7980xe especially)! :headbang:
If I can, only a few questions:

1. What do you think about adding one more GTX 1080 TI? Will OSX manage the SLI Bridge?
  2. I laid my eyes on the MSI X299 XPower Gaming AC. Do you think that would be a useless effort since the ASUS tested gives such excellent performance (btw with the MSI I would not know where to start)?
  3. Is it too arduous to imagine a liquid cooling system? In that case, you can consider the AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G (or there is the All-in-one Cooling System version)
  4. Just a curiosity, that pairs to the last question: in which computer case are you storing all these dreams? :angel:
Thank you very much for sharing all your competencies! :thumbup:

1.) It worked with X99 under 10.12.6 and 10.13.... I see no reason why it should not work with X299
2.) I would definitely go for the ASUS! The best choice ever with respect to XCPM!
3.) o.k., perfect!
4.) I just bough the Corsair 760 T arctic white, because it accommodates a lot of SSDs and HDDs. You might fancier cases if you need less disk space though and mainly go for NVMe and SSD ;)

I hope this answers your questions ;)

Cheers,

KGP :wave:

it is a graphics cards driver issue... It happens when installing? If so, try to boot with the boot fag "-nv_disable=1". Please let me now if that solved your issue!

Cheers,

KGP
I used nv_disable=1,but still got that message.

I used nv_disable=1,but still got that message.

But can you boot into the system with nv_disable=1? Did you apply the agdpfix??? You have to!!! Before installing the webdriver!!!

If nv_disable das help to boot into the system you need to remove all NVDA*kexts from /S/L/E and start with the webdriver installation from the beginning!!! Anyway before installing the webdriver apply the agdpfix!!!

Cheers

Kgp

Nice guide !!

But still won't boot from USB Stick.
What can I do ?

My Environment is follows
CPU Core i7 7820X
Mobo ASUS X299 TUF Mark 1
GPU ASUS Geforce 1070
Storage NVe 500GB(WD Blue) and SATA SSD 500GB (Sandisk)

Nice guide !!

But still won't boot from USB Stick.
What can I do ?

My Environment is follows
CPU Core i7 7820X
Mobo ASUS X299 TUF Mark 1
GPU ASUS Geforce 1070
Storage NVe 500GB(WD Blue) and SATA SSD 500GB (Sandisk)

Please be more precise! What is exactly the problem? Do you have KernelPM enabled?

Please be more precise! What is exactly the problem? Do you have KernelPM enabled?

Thank you for replay!!!

I was doing follows

1st Formated USB Stick with GUID Partation
2nd Create USB Stick with UniBeast 7.1.1
Choose options is follows
boot loader is uEFI Mode
nVidia Inject cheked
3rd Try to boot from USB Stick and can't boot.

Need more configuration?

Kindly,

Kazuya

Thank you for replay!!!

I was doing follows

1st Formated USB Stick with GUID Partation
2nd Create USB Stick with UniBeast 7.1.1
Choose options is follows
boot loader is uEFI Mode
nVidia Inject cheked
3rd Try to boot from USB Stick and can't boot.

Need more configuration?

Kindly,

Kazuya

No the information above already is pretty enough :!::silent:

Who told you to create the USB Stick with UniBeast 7.1.1???? :crazy:
Is it so difficult to follow and do exactly what I propose in my guide ???? :oops:

Please follow exactly the USB Flash Drive Installer Instructions clearly outline in my Guide :!::!::!::!::!:

Good luck :thumbup:

Cheers,

KGP :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back