Contribute
Register

Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: UPDATED Simple HD 57/58/59xx Installation Using MultiBeast

Peter R. said:
So here I was thinking 5770 and 5870 were supported OOTB. I just grabbed a cheap second hand 5870. Looks like it'll be sitting on the shelf for a while :D

Please post a picture - is it single or dual slot? What research did you do before buying it?

You will need ATI Bootloader from Chameleon and might have to test some different frame buffers. Are you connecting via DVI ?

notshy said:
SCHWEISSER said:
Hi Notshy,

thank you very much! now it is working via HDMI. :thumbup:
But I´ve got a last little Question ;)
Is it also possible to get Sound working via HDMI? Or is it a totally different Story :confused:

Thank you again for your help!

Schweisser

Sound over HDMI is more complex - it will break your onboard sound at the mo. Need to do a DSDT edit and install a vanilla 10.6.6 audio kext. It's a bit of work and I haven't tested it yet as my comp is too far from my TV but I've seen people report it works.

Ok thanks, then I think that I will find another solution for this Problem -> Cable ;)
But did you encounter the Problem with the wakeup from sleep-state?

Schweisser

SCHWEISSER said:
notshy said:
SCHWEISSER said:
Hi Notshy,

thank you very much! now it is working via HDMI. :thumbup:
But I´ve got a last little Question ;)
Is it also possible to get Sound working via HDMI? Or is it a totally different Story :confused:

Thank you again for your help!

Schweisser

Sound over HDMI is more complex - it will break your onboard sound at the mo. Need to do a DSDT edit and install a vanilla 10.6.6 audio kext. It's a bit of work and I haven't tested it yet as my comp is too far from my TV but I've seen people report it works.

Ok thanks, the I think that I will find another solution for this Problem -> Cable ;)
But did you encounter the Problem with the wakeup from sleep-state?

Schweisser

As I said - I don't use HDMI

Schweisser[/quote]

As I said - I don't use HDMI[/quote]

Clear statement ;)

OK thanks for the Help anyway Notshy!

notshy said:
Peter R. said:
So here I was thinking 5770 and 5870 were supported OOTB. I just grabbed a cheap second hand 5870. Looks like it'll be sitting on the shelf for a while :D

Please post a picture - is it single or dual slot? What research did you do before buying it?

You will need ATI Bootloader from Chameleon and might have to test some different frame buffers. Are you connecting via DVI ?

Research :lol: :?:

I frequently get all kinds of funky hardware for equally frequent experiments. In this case, a 5870 floated by. And I extended my arm and grabbed it.
I was just under the (obviously mistaken) impression because I seem to remember 5770 an 5870 were available in the Pro.
I was looking for a way to get some reasonable framerates in OSX. The 470 runs at half speed compared to Windoze.
I think it's a dual slot, but I'd have to take it out of the box to see. Is it that important to you ?

Peter R. said:
notshy said:
[quote="Peter R.":1lwartye]So here I was thinking 5770 and 5870 were supported OOTB. I just grabbed a cheap second hand 5870. Looks like it'll be sitting on the shelf for a while :D

Research :lol: :?:

I frequently get all kinds of funky hardware for equally frequent experiments. In this case, a 5870 floated by. And I extended my arm and grabbed it.
I was just under the (obviously mistaken) impression because I seem to remember 5770 an 5870 were available in the Pro.
I was looking for a way to get some reasonable framerates in OSX. The 470 runs at half speed compared to Windoze.
I think it's a dual slot, but I'd have to take it out of the box to see. Is it that important to you ?[/quote:1lwartye]

Yes - there's something called Reference and Non-reference design cards. Apple use Reference - i.e. two slots but there are lots of Windows non-reference cards out there.

The difference is the hardware connector tables within the card are different. Apple gets around this by Framebuffers or Personalities which map the Video output to the different connectors. If you have a non-reference card - there's more testing you have to do to get your video working - like testing different framebuffers.

It's an infinity 6, I think all those are reference designs. It has the batmobile cooler too.

Peter R. said:
It's an infinity 6, I think all those are reference designs. It has the batmobile cooler too.

Please give us a brand, model number and/or direct link for the specific product, so we can help you. The cooler shape is not a proof that it's a reference design card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back