Contribute
Register

[Solved] Sierra update 10.12.5 (and 10.12.6 beta) crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
P5Q-EM > Need make and full model name > See Rules!
CPU
Q8200
Graphics
GT 210
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Sierra update 10.12.5 (and 10.12.6 beta) crashing on restart after install on

Asus P8H61M-LEUSB3, AMI UEFIbios 4601, i5 2400/1155/Nvidia EN210/Sierra 10.12.3

I was using Sierra 10.12.3 with Nvidia driver 367.15.10.35f01 and got on HD screen only one single resolution: 1280*1024 with both Apple native and Nvidia driver. With Asus Nvidia 8400GS 1280*1024 fills the screen, with EN210 it doesn’t.

So I decided -by first upgrading to Sierra 10.12.5 or 6 beta- to try Ndriver 378.05.05.15f01, hoping to get finally full HD.

Result kernel panic when restarting: (same when updating some Asus 775/Q8200 Nvidia machines}.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Asus MacOS10.12.3 2.png
Sierra update  10.12.5 (and 10.12.6 beta) crashing .png

Kindly consider that this a request for help in an updating issue related to Mac OS Sierra as you can see from the screenshot (CPU config). The Nvidia problem is a different thing -motivating my update- and not the subject of the request.
Kind rgds

Make sure HPET is enabled in the BIOS. Set it to 64bit.
Salut Brebo, tks yr reaction; In the above described situation, after –v screen bios came up again; with HPET enabled the progress strip stops at nearly 70% and remains stuck; I didn’t find an option to set to 64bit but in bios utility>main> it is specified in grey: Bios 4601 x64.
Rgds

In the above described situation, after –v screen bios came up again; with HPET enabled the progress strip stops at nearly 70% and remains stuck
Same kernel panic ?
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

Same kernel panic ?
Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
Tks; In cloverscreen>spacebar>Verbose mode=-v selected>esc>enter selected disc unfortunately no verbose on screen (Itried this before); after this I “repaired” with disc utility: no difference;
Rgds
DSC03545.JPG
DSC03546.JPG
DSC03547.JPG

Tks; In cloverscreen>spacebar>Verbose mode=-v selected>esc>enter selected disc unfortunately no verbose on screen (Itried this before)
Don't press Esc, scroll down and select Return.

Don't press Esc, scroll down and select Return.
Same kernel panic ?

Without being sure i think it is the same kernel panic with one difference: (in Verbose Mode, scrolled down and select Return or Esc)
-HPET enabled: the bar stops and no Verbose screen produced;
-HPET disabled: the bar stops at the same progress, Verbose screen produced as above and back to bios.

You once advised me: "Try setting config.plist under (EFI back-up>Clover) SMBIOS->Trust=true". This made it work upto 10.12.3. Could the update have modified this? (pse remember, i am not an informatician tks).
Rgds

Without being sure i think it is the same kernel panic with one difference: (in Verbose Mode, scrolled down and select Return or Esc)
-HPET enabled: the bar stops and no Verbose screen produced;
-HPET disabled: the bar stops at the same progress, Verbose screen produced as above and back to bios.
Try setting FixHPET_0010 to enabled/true

FixHPET.png

You once advised me: "Try setting config.plist under (EFI back-up>Clover) SMBIOS->Trust=true". This made it work upto 10.12.3. Could the update have modified this? (pse remember, i am not an informatician tks).
No, the update couldn't have modified this, but this is the wrong config.plist
You need to edit the config.plist on your EFI partition, not in the EFI-Backup folder.
  • Download Clover Configurator (Vibrant Edition)
  • Open Clover Configurator
  • Mount your EFI partition
  • Open EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist
  • Make necessary changes
  • Save
  • Close Clover Configurator

ref: "Try setting FixHPET_0010 to enabled/true": done as instructed;
ref: "SMBIOS->Trust=true" in EFI/EFI/Clover/Config.plist: got a warning,

on EFI part i5 300GB SMBIOS->Trust=true.png

result still the same.

Rgds

Status