Graphics
Gforce GTX 760
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks. I'm about to start on my dual boot Win8 - Yosemite..
ive just found there is an update for my Award bios to make it UEFI..

Should I update it?

I have the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and recently went from Award Bios F12 to UEFI and am very pleased with the switch. It enabled me to install Yosemite, and it boots really fast now. The one downside is that I haven't been able to overclock the processor for some reason. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that out soon.

I have the GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and recently went from Award Bios F12 to UEFI and am very pleased with the switch. It enabled me to install Yosemite, and it boots really fast now. The one downside is that I haven't been able to overclock the processor for some reason. Hopefully I'll be able to figure that out soon.

Hi EddyMac. Mine is a Z68XP-UD4 F6 what do you think?

I'm a bit worried I mess it up, actually I'm pooping myself in case my Windows 8 drive doesnt come back to life after I mess with the bios..

Have you searched the forums or Googled to see what the experience of others has been when updating your board? I always like to have the reassurance that it has gone well for others, before I step out on something like this.

I dual boot with Windows 7. After switching to UEFI, the first time I booted into Win 7 it automatically downloaded a bunch of drivers, etc., and installed them and everything is fine. I'm really pleased with how everything went for me.

I've read so much about it over the last few days I am steaming from the ears.

I'm going to backup my C: drive and migrate to the new SSD, then update bios to UEFI.

Make sure thats working properly then go for dual boot with old SSD...

wish me luck..

Well, I Migrated to the larger SSD and updated the bios to UEFI.
I have worked my way through making an install USB with Yosemite on there and Clover.

I just have to have a look at the bios now and set it up.

Then I can unplug all bar the old SSD and try the install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back