Graphics
770gtx
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
So the pesky issue of trying to multi boot a uefi windows to see both the mac drive and the windows drive seems to be a non-starter. Before I accept that I have to change the device in bios each time I want to boot the other OS or just plunk down the money for paragon's HSF+ drivers in windows, I wanted to ask if EasyBCD could see the mac drive once I have HFS support, could it then be mapped to the bootlist correctly?

So the pesky issue of trying to multi boot a uefi windows to see both the mac drive and the windows drive seems to be a non-starter. Before I accept that I have to change the device in bios each time I want to boot the other OS or just plunk down the money for paragon's HSF+ drivers in windows, I wanted to ask if EasyBCD could see the mac drive once I have HFS support, could it then be mapped to the bootlist correctly?

Use Clover if you want to boot Windows EFI and still dual boot. No more changing BIOS when you want to boot other OS.

Use Clover if you want to boot Windows EFI and still dual boot. No more changing BIOS when you want to boot other OS.

Thanks for the reply but as I read how to set up clover my eyes glazed over and I started drooling. Way, way too much work. If no one has tried what I'm thinking, then I'll gamble the $20 and let y'all know.

Well I installed the bootcamp driver because I didn't want write access. But it boots to a black screen and reboots itself, so I guess this is a dead end. No biggie, at least I didn't spend any money.

Easy BCD saw the partition though, so I was able to link an OSX boot entry to the drive that had osx on it. So in essence, I did solve that problem. Just not the next one proceeding it. LOL

I didn't get an error that there was no system on the drive listed, so I'm thinking the boot loader did its part, but some kind of misconfiguration killed OSX. Since it doesn't boot all the way, there's not going to be a log to dig through, is there. I literally have no data to go on from here.

Problem is that EFI installed Win7/8 expects any other OS sharing a system will also be EFI, so even adding the OS X drive to the BCD won't work because it is legacy boot, not EFI.
So far, I have not found a way to make it work and it is not for lack of trying.
Clover is not really that much work once you understand what is going on with it and only do the minimum in the config.plist to start with. Also, Clover Configurator is a helpful tool, although the lack of documentation and instructions is a great hindrance - mostly, when you look at it, the main question in deciding what to enter into a field (text box) is: "Where do I get this information?" And to many of them, all I can answer is "Duh... I don't know?", so I just leave them blank. It doesn't seem to hurt anything that I can tell and OS X still boots and works. Linux, on the other hand, is glacially slow - just about unusable, at least, the Saucy Salamander version I tried was.

Problem is that EFI installed Win7/8 expects any other OS sharing a system will also be EFI, so even adding the OS X drive to the BCD won't work because it is legacy boot, not EFI.
So far, I have not found a way to make it work and it is not for lack of trying.
Clover is not really that much work once you understand what is going on with it and only do the minimum in the config.plist to start with. Also, Clover Configurator is a helpful tool, although the lack of documentation and instructions is a great hindrance - mostly, when you look at it, the main question in deciding what to enter into a field (text box) is: "Where do I get this information?" And to many of them, all I can answer is "Duh... I don't know?", so I just leave them blank. It doesn't seem to hurt anything that I can tell and OS X still boots and works. Linux, on the other hand, is glacially slow - just about unusable, at least, the Saucy Salamander version I tried was.

I see, thanks for the heads up. I poked around a little, and it looks like the bootloader path in Easy BCD is not correct, its showing "Bootloader Path: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr" so I'm going to keep at it. Thanks for the reply.

I see, thanks for the heads up. I poked around a little, and it looks like the bootloader path in Easy BCD is not correct, its showing "Bootloader Path: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr" so I'm going to keep at it. Thanks for the reply.

Installed paragons driver as it has a free 10 day trial, upon reboot the nst folder on my mac's drive is gone, and the bootloader is now referring to Bootloader Path: \NST\nst_mac.mbr as the path instead of what I posted earlier. I made no changes other than the hfs driver. :crazy:

Well, this particular bios has an awesome boot selector, and I can just switch from there. The BIOS boot loader has just trumped this whole topic. LOL

All I have to do is press F11 and select the drive I want to load. No sexy boot screen, though.:clap:

Cliffs, i tried the quick key bios boot selector, and its working perfectly for both OSes. I not need to delve further into this rabbit hole. Thanks for the help. Using the bootcamp support software has ensured a seamless boot transition with no funky stuff like incorrect time.:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back