Graphics
N/A
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I haven't built a computer in a few years, but after a friend of mine had excellent success with his Hackintosh, I decided to do the same. My goal is to have this be dual boot: Mac OS for general use, Windows for gaming.

I'd appreciate any feedback. For reference, I mostly tried to stick to items on tonymacx86's buying guide.

Here's the build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: 2x Sandisk Extreme 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Rosewill CAPSTONE Series CAPSTONE-550-M 550W Modular
Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer
Monitor: 2x Asus VW246H 24.0" Monitor
Other: TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Wireless N Dual Band Adapter

I plan on having one SSD for Windows, one SSD for Mac, one HDD for data (games, media, etc.), and one HDD as a backup drive. I already own a keyboard and mouse, as well as Mac OS X 10.8 and Windows 7. My limit is about $1700. Thanks!!

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.99 @ Microcenter)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($99.99 @ Amazon)

WARNING!!!!

You do know that if you buy that motherboard wt that chip at Microcenter, they will knock $50 off of the price of the motherboard! So even though it's $10 more there, you'll still save $40 over buying it from Amazon.

In general you might want to check the prices at Microcenter on some of the other stuff. They might be a bit more expensive, but it's a lot easier to return things and you can get it all in one fell swoop.

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

I would get 2x8gb dimms if you want 16gb ram. That way if you decide to go to 32gb you won't have to throw away all of your ram.

The Vengence ram also has stupidly large heat sinks, which will cause problems with the larger air coolers. You didn't mention one, so I assume you are going to use the one in the box.

I would consider something like the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo though. It's cheap ($20-$25), works significantly better and is significantly quieter. I don't believe it should have any problems with your chosen ram in any case.

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 670 2GB Video Card ($399.99 @ NCIX US)

Personally, I tend to favor the Asus DirectCUII cards. That EVGA has the stock cooler, the ASUS cards are significantly quieter and have better cooling as well. They do cost somewhat more though and can be difficult to find since they are very popular.

Everything else looks fine AFAIK.

I haven't built a computer in a few years, but after a friend of mine had excellent success with his Hackintosh, I decided to do the same. My goal is to have this be dual boot: Mac OS for general use, Windows for gaming.

I'd appreciate any feedback. For reference, I mostly tried to stick to items on tonymacx86's buying guide.

Here's the build:...

SaladFork

You forgot the salad Dressing....

What no Blue tooth .... how you going to connect your iPhone ....

Naw Just kidding

Ship it - i am very envious ....

Optical Drive: Lite-On iHAS124-04 DVD/CD Writer

If sleep is important to you, you might want to consider changing this to a Sony Optiarc or a Pioneer instead of the Lite-On

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back