Graphics
ATI 560
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Portable
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi i have a i7 930 OC to 3.6Ghz and the temperature is on low load=47-52 and on High load= 76-83 , is that OK? thnx

83c is getting up there for sure but it's fine.

I take it you are using the stock heatsink? If so I would upgrade it to something that can handle an oc'ed i7 better.

No i am not using the original intel fan , i am using a thermaltake ISGC 400 .So is that too hot? should i take down the Ghz a little bit ? thnx

i'm overclock to 3.9
idle at 35, 100% with prime 95 at 77
using hyper 212 plus which i got it for $26 including tax at microcenter if you have one nearby.

vcore is 1.25125, is that kinda of high?

Intel's spec is 100c as the limit. So 83c while a bit high its still safe imo. You will be able to get better temps with a better heatsink, the 212+ is one of the best budget heatsinks. also improving case airflow helps as well.

If my cpu was hitting 83c from prime95 or something I wouldn't be concerned about it.

keep in mind if you are getting your load temps from prime95 or intelburntest, etc, no normal program will reach those temps. running games or pretty much anything else will not make the cpu hit those temps.

my i5-750 @4.0 under load from intelburntest maxes out at 74c. I don't think I have ever seen the temps crack 57c running games or everything else I do with my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back