Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Optiplex 790
CPU
I7 - 2600
Graphics
XFX RX 580
Hi everyone,

This is my first post here so please forgive me. I am currently having issues with my XFX RX 580 8GB in my Dell optiplex 790 w/core i7-2600. I'm running Sierra 10.12.6. I can get the system to boot, but animations and overall performance is very sluggish and laggy. I've tried many "fixes" from this site and others, but none solved the issue. I get way better scores than my R7 250x in artificial benchmarks with Geekbench 4. But real-world performance is significantly worse than the 250x. The R7 250x works perfectly in 10.12.6. Does anyone have any idea as to what can be causing the performance issues with the RX 580? I have also tried a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 8GB since I read the XFX cards can cause issues, but the performance was identical. I have attached my config file as well.

Attachments

• config580.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 60
try to use use imac 19,1 SMBIOS
use kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
use lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext
remove the fake ID from the ATI field in Devices

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately that didn't work. Right after the boot drive is selected in the boot loader, I get a circle with a line through it over a black screen, then the system shuts down. I attached my updated config.

Attachments

• config580.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 60
so try different smbios but i do not understand why do you have all the fixes enabled in the config. do you even know what they do or why have you enabled them all?
anyway enable the RadeonDeInit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back