Contribute
Register

RX 480 gives display only when os fully boots up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170x Designare
CPU
Intel i7 6700k
Graphics
XFX RX 480 GTR BLACK
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I bought and installed XFX RX 480 GTR BLACK Edition on my build. I activated the card by editing amd4100 kext. but after activating the card I can no more see first boot screens like motherboard brand screen under which there are directions for hot keys, bios etc and also no clover boot options screen. I can get the display only when the os fully boot up when it asks the user password to reach desktop. And now I bought another ssd to install windows also for gaming. but I can not see boot screens at the beginning so can't do it. Is there any setting or clover configuration that I am missing ?

And another thing about this issue is, after activating the card my onboard gpu which is intel hd 530 is shown as Intel HD Graphics SKL CRB and it doesn't work properly. I tried to plug the display cable into on board gpu to get the boot up screens to check bios settings, and went to desktop, found out hd 530 lost its utilization. clover configurations for hd 530 were gone (igfx, glitch..) It gave low resolution. and I couldn't take set the settings back. installed kexts and did clover configurations again, rebooted, no luck, it was still hd graphics skl crb on system report. anyways I wouldn't try to have the hd 530 worked if I could get the first boot up screens, and clover boot options screen. Anyone can help me about this please ?

z170x Designare
i7 6700k
XFX RX 480 GTR BLACK

Last edited:
I got my RX 480 work properly.
You situation proofs you are on the right track.
I think you set Graphic Bios to IGFX, which is correct.
I recommend you correct your settings according to this video:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back