GT 640
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, can I ask for some advice please?
I am long overdue upgrading and I would like to know if I am running 10.8.2 on an Intel i5 3.39GHz 16gb ram – can I simply upgrade to High Sierra? when I un-package 10.13.6 (not compatible) message pops up?

Thanks!

I am long overdue upgrading and I would like to know if I am running 10.8.2 on an Intel i5 3.39GHz 16gb ram – can I simply upgrade to High Sierra? when I un-package 10.13.6 (not compatible) message pops up?...
You'll need to download High Sierra from the Apple App Store, and, then, create a UniBeast (for High Sierra) Installation thumb drive. You can then (booting from the UniBeast Installation thumb drive) either install over your 10.8.2 installation (backup first!) or create a fresh install on another disk.

I am long overdue upgrading and I would like to know if I am running 10.8.2 on an Intel i5 3.39GHz 16gb ram – can I simply upgrade to High Sierra? when I un-package 10.13.6 (not compatible) message pops up?

Thanks!

Not compatible is probably due to your System definition. Can you provide your CPU (model and number), motherboard, graphics card etc.... in your signature line or profile. There are many different models of i5 CPUs this will make it easier for others to help you.

Not compatible is probably due to your System definition. Can you provide your CPU (model and number), motherboard, graphics card etc.... in your signature line or profile. There are many different models of i5 CPUs this will make it easier for others to help you.

Hi both, thanks for your replies!
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P Socket 1155 Intel Ivy Bridge Micro ATX
CPU: i5-3570

I am unable to download High Sierra direct, having login issues – Apple ID sign in required but after number reference is sent to mobile phone it wont allow me to proceed any further to input the number?

Hi both, thanks for your replies!
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3P Socket 1155 Intel Ivy Bridge Micro ATX
CPU: i5-3570

I am unable to download High Sierra direct, having login issues – Apple ID sign in required but after number reference is sent to mobile phone it wont allow me to proceed any further to input the number?

Go to the top tool bar and select the apple select “about this mac”. Is it a iMac definition, and what year?
You may need to update your system definition to iMac 14.2. If it’s a MacPro 3.1 you need to upgrade to MP 5.1 or 6.1. You can use clover configurator app to edit your clover EFI config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back