ATI 7870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
How do this?

The people say that this is impossible, but if you use the command diskutil you can manipulate the drive...

maybe diskutil eraseVolume? or eraseDisk?

I'm not sure...

How do this?

The people say that this is impossible, but if you use the command diskutil you can manipulate the drive...

maybe diskutil eraseVolume? or eraseDisk?

I'm not sure...

If you don't want to destroy your install, applications->utilities->terminal

mount the efi partition, open it in finder, move everything to trash, close finder, back to terminal and unmount the partition.

Clover EFI is gone.

I'm sorry I'm a super newb. What does "mount/unmount the efi partition" mean in this context and how do I do it? If it's not too complex to explain. Thank you in advance!

If you don't want to destroy your install, applications->utilities->terminal

mount the efi partition, open it in finder, move everything to trash, close finder, back to terminal and unmount the partition.

Clover EFI is gone.

I'm sorry I'm a super newb. What does "mount/unmount the efi partition" mean in this context and how do I do it? If it's not too complex to explain. Thank you in advance!
How did you install Clover? Did you just accept the defaults or did you install it EFI?

If you accepted the defaults, then open finder and click on your hard drive icon (assuming in Finder preferences you selected to show hard disks in the sidebar menu).

You should then see in the right pane:
Applications
Clover
Library
System
Users

Just drag to trash the Clover folder.

I messed up an EFI partition install of clover, but discovered a fix with no bootable system:
I could use a windows seven installer disk, then say I wanted to do a fresh install - When it asks what partition to install to, the EFI partition was visible. By hitting the drive options button, I was able to delete the whole EFI partition from there, enabling chimera, previously installed on my OSX drive, to boot my system again. I had accidentally damaged my unibeast installer USB drive, so this was actually the only way to get my system bootable again, but in any case it allows removal of a problematic EFI partition with only point and click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back