Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Rev. 2
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
XFX RX 580
Does anyone know of a good solution, or if one exists for powering a CustoMac remotely? My basic need is to turn off and on the computer as I need it. For what it's worth, I have a dual boot system (OS X Lion & Win7).

o_mega05 said:
Does anyone know of a good solution, or if one exists for powering a CustoMac remotely? My basic need is to turn off and on the computer as I need it. For what it's worth, I have a dual boot system (OS X Lion & Win7).

I'm sure it is a possible. The easy bit is power off by a remote - you can program stuff like "remote buddy" to do that (i.e. to perform system shutdown) via a bluetooth remote control or a supported IR control. At one point I used to do that on one of my builds using a Wii controller.

Turning on via remote would be more custom. What you would need to do that would be a separate circuit that was active when the computer was off (could power that from the 5v standby voltage line from the PSU) and that would accept a control from the remote to close the contacts across the power button - i.e. a form of relay switch running in parallel with the "normal" power button.

Easier in my opinion would be to sleep the system using a remote and as long as your board and installation could support wake from bluetooth you could then wake and sleep the system.

Hope this helps......

I have my iPhone and use an app called INet, it allows me to wake-on-LAN (WOL) and sleep on LAN. You must have your OSX hard drive as the first drive in boot priority and must have remote login enabled in sharing under system preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back