Contribute
Register

[Release] Hackintool v3.x.x

You probably don't need XHC rename, read Rehabman's thread...
RehabMan's thread mentions:
- XHCI controller must be named XHC or XHCI (for most PCs it is default XHC)
How can I double-check this in my case?

This thread mentions:
• Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC

So I'm a bit confused. I'd rather use Hackingtool to generate a codeless kext than Rehabman's guide to generate a custom DSDT since it seems slightly easier to understand to me (but still I lack a lot of knowledge)

Excuse my ignorance.
Best,
-a-

PS:
Does that mean I'm OK?

Last edited:
Does that mean I'm OK?
Yes, your USB3 controller is already named XHC, so no need to rename.
Do you see EHC controllers in IOreg?
If not, that mean you don't need any renames...

Even if you prefer to use Hackingtool method, at least try to read Rehabman's one, you will improve your knowledge... ;)
For example, he wrote :
Requirements: EHC1->EH01 and EHC2->EH02 rename (in config.plist), if applicable (your chipset may not have EHCI, or it may be disabled)

I do see EHC1 and thus applied the EHC renames.

I followed the guide. I feel like I did everything according to the guidelines EXCEPT the following:
- I copied USBPorts.kext both into /E/E/C/K/O (recommended) and into /L/E (EDIT: see remark below) as I felt that kexts in /E/E/C/K/O would not be taken into account since inject kexts is set to detect in Clover Configurator. Let me know if this was a mistake.
I also removed USBinjectAll.kext from both locations and disabled the remove-USB-port-limit patch in kextstopatch

However when exporting USBports.kext I had a popup asking to apply a rename into config.plist
(EC0->EC screenshot)

If I leave it ON, the system won't boot:

If I disable it, the system boots normally.

Now, after that I have the following situation:
  • all of the USB2.0 ports work normally
  • 1 of the USB3.0 ports work normally (front of tower)
- none of the remaining USB3.0 ports work at all (they used to work at USB2.0 speed prior to these edits, using USBinjectAll.kext.

Any advice
?

Tx
-a-

PS: My bad... I made a noob mistake and only copied/pasted USBPorts.kext into /L/E instead of using kextBeast.pkg and kextUtility.app to do so. After re-doing it the proper way, all USB3.0 ports work as expected :)
-> SOLVED! :)

Last edited:
I can't connect an external monitor. The graphics card is uhd630. Is there a way to solve it? Thank you.

I want to connect an external 2k display,What should I do?thanks

Is there are any way to download a previous version of Hackintool? Looks like current version (1.8.3) doesn't work on 10.14.2

Hi :)

Different topic:
I am currently running 10.14.3 on the following:
  • Z97-A
  • i7 4790K
  • HD4600 (4K 2160p @ 60Hz over DP)
  • Philips Brillance 288p (28'' 4K UHD display), recognized as such by macOS
  • Lilu+WEG
  • (let me know if any other information is useful)
In Displays Properties, when I hit Scaled I have 4 icons offering HiDPI options.
  • Looks like 3840x2160 (current)
  • Looks like 1920x1080
  • (2 other lower resolutions)
I wish I could have Looks like 2560x1440 in addition to the FHD and 4K resolutions.
It would be even better if there was Looks like 3008x1692 and Looks like 3360x1890, but this is not critical.

• I tried to achieve this by using Hackingtool. I went to the display tab and selected my display in the list (PHL 288P6L).
  • I left PHL 288P6L (16:9) for Inject EDID
  • I selected Manual for Resolution
  • I added 2560x1440 Type HiDP4 and 2560x1440 Type Auto (since I don't know what the types mean).
  • I left the 4 checkboxes as is (everything but Fix Monitor Ranges is selected).
  • I clicked on Export and this generated 3 files and a folder on the desktop.
  • I copied the .kext file (attached) into /L/E and deleted the remaining 2 files and the folder.
  • Rebooted -> no change
I probably missed something obvious. Or my configuration is not ready to handle the .kext file created by hackingtool.

Let me know what you think.
Any advice is obviously very welcome.
Thank you for you help.
Best,
-a-
Could anyone help me out here? Or give a hint to point in the right direction?
Thanks a lot
-a-

Last edited:
USB Port Patching
macOS 10.14.1+ does not work with the USB port limit patch and therefore there is no way to have all ports available to configure at one time. RehabMan has updated USBInjectAll.kext to include boot flags for excluding groups of ports
1. Place the USBInjectAll.kext (for port discovery) into EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other
USBInjectAll.kext Requirements:
• Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC
• Clover Rename EHC1 -> EH01
• Clover Rename EHC2 -> EH02
Hi :)

This is a different machine than post 632.

I don't find XHC1 but I DO find XHCI.

Should I rename anything?
If yes, what should I add in Clover Configurator: ACPI/Patches ?

Thank you very much in advance for your help.
Best,
-a-

I did a fresh install of mojave yesterday, everything went well, but Hackintool can not receive information from my os, why is that?
The older version can run smoothly.
Thanks.

Attachments

•  2019-02-22 上午8.37.58.png
    2019-02-22 上午8.37.58.png
    974.8 KB · Views: 121
Back