4. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Performa
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone,

I just bought a 8 port KVM to go into my server rack. Its a trendnet tk-803r.

I plugged in a Microsoft Mouse and an Aluminum Apple Keyboard into the KVM.

I'm using this with 2 Macs (1 Mac Pro, 1 Hack Pro) and 2 PC Servers.

On the macs when I first started it didn't recognize the keyboard, Came up saying to type the Z key and the / Key.

Now when I press F12 to increase the Volume, The dashboard pops up. Press F11 to decrease the volume will show the Desktop.

I was able to reassign these keys to what there proper input should be which is F3 and F4 on my keyboard, But I don't see anything on Volume Up, Down, And Mute.

Also, Plugging the Mac Keyboard directly works. (However I want this Plugged into my KVM.)

Is there anyway to map Vol Up to F12, Vol Down to F11, Mute to F10 ETC ETC?

Thanks for any Help!

Did you try the FN key with the F10 F11 or F12, that should give you your volume control.
If you use FN with the assigned F keys you will control, volume, brightness and DVD controls as well as Eject.

Hello everyone,

I just bought a 8 port KVM to go into my server rack. Its a trendnet tk-803r.

I plugged in a Microsoft Mouse and an Aluminum Apple Keyboard into the KVM.

I'm using this with 2 Macs (1 Mac Pro, 1 Hack Pro) and 2 PC Servers.

On the macs when I first started it didn't recognize the keyboard, Came up saying to type the Z key and the / Key.

Now when I press F12 to increase the Volume, The dashboard pops up. Press F11 to decrease the volume will show the Desktop.

I was able to reassign these keys to what there proper input should be which is F3 and F4 on my keyboard, But I don't see anything on Volume Up, Down, And Mute.

Also, Plugging the Mac Keyboard directly works. (However I want this Plugged into my KVM.)

Is there anyway to map Vol Up to F12, Vol Down to F11, Mute to F10 ETC ETC?

Thanks for any Help!

I don't know if this would work for you, but try one of these two things:
1) KeyRemap4MacBook — Despite the name it'll work on any Mac OS X.
http://lifehacker.com/5882684/the-best-keyboard-remapper-for-mac-os-x
http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/

2) FunctionFlip — Seems like a simpler approach, but I don't think this remaps anything. It just flips the availability on OS X functions on specific F-key without having to press the Fn button.
http://kevingessner.com/software/functionflip/

Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

I tried the FN keys plus Vol Up, Vol Down ETC but there wasn't any change.

I was going to be content with it and just use a PC keyboard for the KVM and my Mac Keyboard for the mac but then

I tried KeyRemap4MacBook and that Worked Pretty Good. I got my keys reassigned! Everything except Eject but thats not too big of a deal.

Thank You Very Much!

with noejectdelay the F12 eject can be disabled, it isn't ideal but later on the F12 can be reassigned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back