Not open for further replies.

hi5

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
OK so I had everything running smoothly on my p55ud4, using minimal kexts.

I installed a wireless card which works natively.

The card is an apple branded mini pci express in a pci express adaptor with an intel chipset. (so it's a little card, that slots into a bigger card, that fits in my tower pci express slot)

Anyway, ever since installing this card, my computer no longer sleeps properly.

It goes to sleep, and then INSTANTLY wakes up, if you check in the consol log, it shows that it went to sleep successfully, and woke up succussfully, but gives no reason for wake.

The really werid thing is very occassionally, if i leave it for long enough, (like over night) it does go to sleep, and I can wake it up normally with no KP's but this seems totally random, I have tried turning off airport, bluetooth, closing programs, opening programs, and i can't seem to find a corralation between why it will sometimes sleep. It has slept with both wifi off and on same with bluetooth...

This is driving me nuts, as I love the sleep function, anyone with ideas how I might force sleep or something let me know.

Cheers

Could be OS X not liking the PCI Express adapter, or some bios issue. Just a guess though. Let me know if you find a solution.

On further investigation, I have found that the strange sleep behaviour occurs one windows 7 too!

So obviously the pci express adaptor I got, doesn't play nice with the firmware of the GAp55-UD4 board. I tried updating it with the latest firmware, which actually supposedly improves pci-express compatibility, unfortunately not with this card!

It is such a pain that I cant get working wifi with this rig, (well I can but at the expense of sleep, a worthy function in my book)

Anyone know a reliable working pci wifi or usb wifi dongle, please let me know

Keep up the good work Tony!

I'm not sure but could it be the bios setting "PME event wake up". If you google it, you'll see that when someones phone would ring that would wake their computer. Just throwing it out there, check that in your bios settings.

i bought a 20euro wireless access point that works as a client for my machine
the downside: one more device to plug in
the upside: no worries about wifi on my hackintosh :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back