Contribute
Register

Random reboots without warning (Z97X 4770 GTX1060)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X UD5H
CPU
i7-4770
Graphics
GTX 1060
Hi all,

Installed MacOS High Sierra through Unibeast, ofcourse checking all BIOS settings and have the latest BIOS, it is kind of working, but not fully. Used Multibeast to install everything I needed after the 10.13.6 update, then installed NVIDIA stuff.
I have sound, ethernet on both cards, NVIDIA Web Driver + CUDA, 10.13.6 update, it recognises the card and tells it's accelerated. It shows the G-Sync tab, but greyed out as I don't have a G-Sync monitor.

But:

10.13.6 security update 002 refuses to install. It installs, then reboots into the installer, then just reboots and then it's not installed. Tried multiple times, same result.
Random kernel panic reboots (screen goes blank, system reboots, after booting again I get the previous kernel panic message) without warning. Just random it seems.

I tried making a new config.plist + update clover with clover configurator, no success. Tried copy the EFI folder from the Unibeast USB: no success (although it seems to be booting to the 002 software updater better than with the generated config).

The only thing I was able to recreate every single time is to start sysdiagnose in the terminal. At 3% it will crash and reboot. Every time.

Any tips on what I can try next?

Gigabyte Z97X UD5H
Intel Core i7 4770
16GB memory
Geforce GTX 1060 3GB
Samsung EVO 970 NVMe SSD (APFS)

Any tip on how I can see why it crashed would be nice as well, then we can sort out what is happening, because now it puzzles me.

Is there anybody who can help me out on how to get logs of any kind to find out why the hackintosh is panicing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back