Contribute
Register

RAID 0 - Bootable from Chimera w/ ATI 6870 [SOLVED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have GA-X48-DQ6 and 2 250 drives that I raided, problem is I can only boot into my raid in safe mode, normal mode gives me kernel panic
anyone has any suggestions what needs to be modified or added or removed,

Snow Leopard 10.6.7, nvidia 9600 GT,

What guide did you use to install your raid system?

I used Hackinstaller Script and walk through by student_al in this thread

audrys...

Hey, my guide was geared more toward the ATI 6870 card. So, you might try doing some research on your video card... I am having a feeling that is where your problems are occurring...

Your RAID set is working, right and is bootable in safe mode?

If this is the case, I think your install went fine... I would just double check everything for your video card. The Hackinstaller folder has a spot in it for video... and when you run the script you have the option to edit your plist. I have never really used nVidia cards... but I assume you would put in all the kexts you need for the nvidia 9600 GT for 10.6.7 into the video folder in the Hackinstaller folder... then I would see what the plist settings are for your card, and edit them with the Hackinstaller script.

- i'll do a bit of research and see what I can come up with..

hi student_al

I tried putting my own video kext in it but still would give me KP in normal boot mode,

I am even put kexts inside each disk boot partition still wouldnt boot, one thing I didnt do is edit plists, I will definitely look into that tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back