Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum.

I managed to install osx (I think it was 10.5 or earlier) on this rig last year at some point but I removed it since there were no drivers for my USB internet adapter. I've just gotten a new one which is supported so I though I'd give it another go. This method seems to be the easiest/most functional.

A few questions though (sorry if these have already been posted I couldn't find much after doing some quick forum+google searches):

1. I'm pretty sure it is but since I posted this thread I guess I'll ask: is OS X 10.6+ possible on my system?[/*:m:1owan2s4]
  2. Is it possible to install OS X on a raid 0 configuration?[/*:m:1owan2s4]
  3. Is it possible to install OS X on a second partition on a drive with Windows 7 already installed? (or conversely, can you install windows 7 on a second partition once OS X is up and running on the same drive?)[/*:m:1owan2s4]
  4. If both above questions are doable, then is it then possible to have Windows 7 and OS X dual booted on the same Raid 0 configuration on separate partitions?[/*:m:1owan2s4]
  5. And, although not as important, if all of the above are possible then is there a way to do it without having to uninstall Windows? - i.e. Can I install OSX on a pre-prepared partition on my current Raid 0.[/*:m:1owan2s4]

If I need to post more system specs please ask I'll do it asap.

I just wanted to know what was possible before I went ahead and bought an OSX disk.

Thanks in advance and also thanks a lot for all the hard work you've put into this. It is very much appreciated.

Not an expert on RAID by any means, so I'll leave that alone.

But your system should run SL fine. BTW- you've got mail.

Ah thanks for the DSDT! You just saved me a lot of time and hassle.

Cheers.

tomer said:
Ah thanks for the DSDT! You just saved me a lot of time and hassle.
Cheers.

No problem my friend- that's what I'm here for.

Ahhh! this is exactly what I want to do! I want mail too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back