Graphics
AMD 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've made several complaints about this in various threads, but I just realized I never actually filed a bug report. How careless of me :)

Machine:

GA-EP45-UD3R
Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD 6670 (from recommended build thread)
Chimera 1.5.3

Basically the situation is this:
- If I boot with GraphicsEnabler=N or if I use an older Chimera which does not correctly detect my framebuffer as Bulrushes, apps like Steam and DVD player crash but if I press CTRL-Shift-Eject then I can successfully force the card to put my monitor into DPMS sleep mode.

- If I use the latest Chimera, or a hacked older chimera which CORRECTLY detects my framebuffer as Bulrushes, then when I press CTRL-Shift-Eject the screen does NOT DPMS sleep, instead it seems to freeze any animation on screen but the card does not send my monitor the signal to sleep.

I'm at a loss for how to proceed. I don't know if this is a problem with the ATI 6000 kexts, the new Chimera code, or what.

I'd be very grateful if anyone could advise. I'm willing to do whatever is necessary to help debug this problem.

Thanks!

The issue with sleep is due to the frame buffer used, Bullrushes. This is best frame buffer to allow everything to work when using AtiPorts=3. The downside is screen wake from sleep is broken. Hopefully we can find a fix for this.

Thanks for the information. I was ready to replace the card with something, but my receipt was misplaced so I'm rather stuck with the 6670. Definitely hoping for a solution as well. I'll keep checking back if it's a known issue that's being looked at :)

And as always, I'm willing to help do anything necessary to help diagnose and work towards a fix, if anyone wants me to test anything :)

So um, without sounding too bitchy or anything because you guys really are working hard on Chimera and doing a great job, but:

- Is anyone actually looking into this issue or is it just something where if the problem is found by accident then it'll be fixed? I gather that a lot of people think the 6670 is feature complete and don't use DPMS sleep so it might not be a big deal to a lot of users, but there are a few of us who are wondering if it's actually on anyone's to-do list? :)

Again, I don't want to sound ungrateful or anything, you guys are doing a bangup job otherwise :3

i bought a new Gigabyte AMD radeon Hd 6670 thinking it was a good card and it was listed in the recommended builds, but I was not aware of this bug. I would like to know if it has already been fixed or should i exchange my card for something better?? Thanks in advance. =]

Same, am waiting for the gigabyte 6670 in the recommended build to work properly, systems seems to sleep but will not wake up!

am still VERY grateful for all the hard work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back