Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, excuse me for bad english but I'm Italian... :( This forum and blog are wonderful!!!

I have two question for you:

1. I'm under construction for an Hack pro. I have already buyed Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 and Intel i7 970. What is the best method/guide for installation (I want a stable system with minimal changes and modification): This on Insanelymac or This on Tonymacx86? Very Thanks

2. What is the best card with minimal change and modification? ATI 5770? or nvidia 2xx series?

Very thanks, and excuse me for bad english...

igianni84 said:
Hi, excuse me for bad english but I'm Italian... :( This forum and blog are wonderful!!!

I have two question for you:

1. I'm under construction for an Hack pro. I have already buyed Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 and Intel i7 970. What is the best method/guide for installation (I want a stable system with minimal changes and modification): This on Insanelymac or This on Tonymacx86? Very Thanks

2. What is the best card with minimal change and modification? ATI 5770? or nvidia 2xx series?

Very thanks, and excuse me for bad english...
I basically just built this exact system! Threw in a Sapphire HD5870. So far everything is working pretty well. Still trying to figure out the monitor flicker via DVI (my second display cuts in and out...Remedy is to unplug and plug back in the DVI cable...works perfectly)..

Also, not sure why, but in About This Mac it doesn't know what processor it is (just says unknown). It knows it has 6 cores and the speed.

I did Multibeast 3.1.0 (just did this yesterday, new version came out today). ATI Experimental 32 bit for graphics so far. UserDSDT for the motherboard BIOS FB

EDIT: My BAD! I used a Gigabyte X58A-UD5, not EX58-UD5. not sure the difference.

I've got GA-EX58-UD5 with HD5770 running without problems and both DVI ports in use. I have no experience on the nVidia 2xx series.

That tonymacx86 guide you linked should work quite well. Get the DSDT from the database and check that you have correct BIOS version (currently F12).

I'm using 32 bit kernel with the chameleon prerelease and ATY_Init Vervet, but I'll probably try out the Chameleon ATI experimental and 64 bit soonish.

Hi igianni84,

I am from Austria. I am a photographer.

In April 2010 I built 2 Hackintoshes based on the Gigabyte GA EX58 UD5.
They both work fine (64 bit mode), I did not have a single Kernel Panic.

I am using Sparkle (Nvidia) GeForce 9800 GT Graphic Cards (512 MB) on both computers.
I read on the internet that it works out of the box (no modifications needed)
therefore I bought them and had no problems whatsoever.
On both computers I have two monitors connected (1920x1200 and 1280x1024)
and it works just fine with the 9800 GT driving both.

Recently I updated to OS-X 10.6.6 using the Combo update without problems.

Because I cannot take the risk of being without a computer I have taken another hard disk where "Super Duper" makes a daily copy (bootable clone) of my operating system. In case OS-X gets corrupted (never happened) or the hard disk fails, I can easily start up from the back up disk and continue my work.

On one computer I use 6 GB of Corsair Dominator RAM (1600 MHz), on the other 6GB of Corsair XMS3 RAM (1333 MHz, cheaper)

I overclocked one of my 2,66 GHz Intel 920 i7 CPU to 3,6 GHz, on the other computer only to 3,0 GHz. (Cooled with a Noctua NH-D14 and a NH-C12P SE14) I get temperatures between 52 and 70 degree Celsius maximum on the faster one and around 55 Celsius on the slower one - I do not play games, only raw conversion and Photoshop including some demanding plug-ins)
I had tried to overclock up to 4 GHz, but then it did not boot everytime at once (I had to start again) so I reduced it to 3,6 GHz and it works just fine. (There is a tutorial on overclocking from Gigabyte on the internet where you can find ALL the information you need)

I have 5 HardDisks inside the bigger case: 2x 500GB for OSX and an OSX clone , 1 TB and 2 TB HD for data and the fifth is for Windows XP.

The Power supply is a Thermaltake 700 Watt and a be quiet 530 Watt.

Enclosures are from Lian Li and Lancool.

I also connected a TP Link TL-WR340GD wireless router for use with my iPhone.

Sound works from the beginning, sleep enabler/ wake up works too.
For skype I use a logitech active microphone and a logitech V-UBM46 camera.

I am only a user, I am not a real computer expert. Most my information I got from the insanelymac website.

I paid around € 1350,- and 1150,- for these computers (without microphone, camera and wifi router)

Hope this helps.
Good luck.

I know I don't have this mobo, (I have the X58A) but I got my Hack Pro running 64 bit mode perfectly and haven't had a hiccup yet (posted earlier in this thread)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back