Contribute
Register

PSU selection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I'd go TP650 if price not an issue, like not much more than TX.
(eg: same great price NewEgg...then again if I were able to buy from NewEgg, I'd probably look at others also in the $80-120 range, or the Seasonic 620!).
Mostly because of perhaps better ripple performance and possibly better cooling/airflow.

But am happy with my TX650, & I don't think you can go wrong really with either.
Unless you really have a need for the extra connectors....!

humph said:
I guess I'd go TP650 if price not an issue, like not much more than TX.
(eg: same great price NewEgg...then again if I were able to buy from NewEgg, I'd probably look at others also in the $80-120 range, or the Seasonic 620!).
Mostly because of perhaps better ripple performance and possibly better cooling/airflow.

But am happy with my TX650, & I don't think you can go wrong really with either.
Unless you really have a need for the extra connectors....!

They are the same price on newegg. So, the TP 650 it is!

Tom

tinkerC said:

Yes, same price, but... Did you see there's a $20 mail-in rebate on the TX ?

Lnx2Mac said:
tinkerC said:

Yes, same price, but... Did you see there's a $20 mail-in rebate on the TX ?

The thing about rebates is that they 1: don't last, and 2: don't show up in google products :), and 3: are still money going out, even though it comes in later.

The TP has more going for it by way of connections, but the TX is superior in one way: It enables me to use two Floppy drives. Of course, the streamlined floppy drive copying is more important :lol: ;).

BTW: What is the 12v 8 pin connector for?

Tom

12V 8 Pin for the separate 12V supply to processor - separate connector on MB to the 20/24 pin ones. (Some MB are still only 4 pin, but the 8 pin is usually 2 x 4 pins, so still works on those).

Cripes, if $20 rebate, I'd go for the TX. You probably will get a check back...eventually!
Had to pay around "$150" for mine (Europe....rip off prices anyway plus huge sales tax).

humph said:
12V 8 Pin for the separate 12V supply to processor - separate connector on MB to the 20/24 pin ones. (Some MB are still only 4 pin, but the 8 pin is usually 2 x 4 pins, so still works on those).

Cripes, if $20 rebate, I'd go for the TX. You probably will get a check back...eventually!
Had to pay around "$150" for mine (Europe....rip off prices anyway plus huge sales tax).
Thanks for the definition.

Refer to item 1 for why I do not like rebates.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back