Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am a newbie at this, but I tried to learn about installing Mac OSX on PCs as much as.

I am facing an issue with my laptop keyboard and trackpad.

Initially I created an installation USB containing Lion itself and Chameleon bootloader. I could not get that to boot at all. I got it to boot by installing the Chimera bootloader on the USB instead and also MacBook Simbios 6.1. The installer booted up very quickly but there was no mouse cursor nor the keyboard was working. Through my mac I installed voodoo drivers that are offered in multibeast and voila the trackpad and keyboard started to work in the installer flawlessly.
The installation finished successfully on external hdd, but again when I booted into fresh lion installation the keyboard and trackpad did not work. Through my mac using multibeast I installed the same drivers but only the trackpad works. Would you be able to help me how to get the keyboard to work as well?

Cheers.

Make sure you are in 32-bit and installed multibeast with the system utilities

pavelak said:
Make sure you are in 32-bit and installed multibeast with the system utilities

Do you mean to choose 32-bit boot option in multibeast? I have done that, but no luck. Would it help if I installed all of them at the same time ie: easybeast, sys utilities, voodoo kexts, boot option...

Lion uses KernelCache, so there is no point in generating a new Extensions.mkext. Boot with the flag -f. And are you having trouble at the Setup Assistant? If thats the case, try holding down Command (Alt) + Q, and if a dialog pops up, the keyboard is working, it's just that Apple is evil enough to add a check for USB keyboards/mice in the Setup Assistant, and it'll refuse to proceed until it detects a USB keyboard/mouse.

heythereitsv said:
Lion uses KernelCache, so there is no point in generating a new Extensions.mkext. Boot with the flag -f. And are you having trouble at the Setup Assistant? If thats the case, try holding down Command (Alt) + Q, and if a dialog pops up, the keyboard is working, it's just that Apple is evil enough to add a check for USB keyboards/mice in the Setup Assistant, and it'll refuse to proceed until it detects a USB keyboard/mouse.

Thank you guys. I managed it to work by modifying the info.plist file of Assistant.app (the set up assistant). I found the mod over at insanelymac.com forum. It basically removes the keyboard check. It worked a treat...;)

Look at it if you need help.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... 35&st=360#

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back