Graphics
intel
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I was sitting at my probook and got a pop up saying it cant load a extension and had to press enter then another then another a whole bunch and now it no longer boots not with -x either I'd really like to keep my probook as it was and not have to format it and re-install.
I get a kernel panic and it reads unable to find driver for this platform:\"acpi\".... Any help would be greatly appreciated

I was sitting at my probook and got a pop up saying it cant load a extension and had to press enter then another then another a whole bunch and now it no longer boots not with -x either I'd really like to keep my probook as it was and not have to format it and re-install.
I get a kernel panic and it reads unable to find driver for this platform:\"acpi\".... Any help would be greatly appreciated

Well, I can't really offer any solutions as I've never run into that kind of issue, but maybe someone else can...

You could boot from your Unibeast UBS stick and see if it is a disk corruption/permissions issue, by running the various checks in Disk Utility. Maybe it can fix the issue, maybe not. And either way, when you're in Disk Utility, it might be wise to create an image of the partition(s) so you might be able to recover data (assuming you haven't created a backup using something like Time Machine).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back