Contribute
Register

problems booting SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
OSX 10.8.2
CPU
Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3
Graphics
GT640
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I have had problems with my system since using my hackintosh to load settings to a new Macbookair. My machine started to die after trying to wake from sleeping, needing the CMOS battery to be removed before it would do anything again. I could boot from the 2 HDDs but no longer from my SSD (that I used for the macbookair). I got this message on the attempts:
The message is
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: done
boot0: error
[NOT
boot0: error]
I have repartitioned and reinstalled on the SSD but it still won't boot. It appears as a grey machine HDD not a pretty orange one like the others. If I force it to boot via chimera or by removing the other HDDS I end up with a blank silver screen.
I seemed to have fixed the mobo problem by reflashing the BIOS with f14. I don't know if the problem is definitely associated with the Macbookair, though I notice others have had similar problems as in this thread: Can't fix boot0:done problem caused by Migration Assistant.
I videoed the screen after booting with -v and took some screen shots, the last ones before the silver screen. I attached them but the forum system has so reduced them in size that they are illegible. I notice at one point that 'the IOUSB family did not receive enough extra current' Might this indicate a power supply problem? On the other hand it is not the USB that is booting...
Clearly I don't know what I am looking for on these screens, so any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• last frame minus 1.jpg
    last frame minus 1.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 111
  • last frame minus 2.jpg
    last frame minus 2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 118
  • last frame.jpg
    last frame.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 119
  • last frame minus 3.jpg
    last frame minus 3.jpg