Graphics
Nvidia GeForce GTX 560
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have installed MacOS 10.6.8 on a ASUS P8Z68-V PRO with a Intel i7-2600K (HD 3000 Onboard Graphics with the ID 0x01228086).
Everything woks fine but the graphics card.

I have tried Multibeast 3.8.0 with chimera 1.5.2 to 1.5.4 and Multibeast 3.9.0 without any advancement. Every time I use the MacMini5,1 smbios.plist.
I have tried some kexts-drivers too. And one time a DSDT-file to fix the graphics. Nothing helped.

I have read that hd 3000 graphics card should run with multibeast 3.8 and chimera 1.5.x but it isn't for me. Pleas help.

I have write down my hole work under Didn't get a higher grafix resolution in 10.6.8

I'm having the same problem, but it seems to be a power issue and not a graphics issue. FOr whatever reason, the display will not wake like it should, and therefore the signal is never sent to the monitor to turn on. If you get a white screen or a white screen with what looks like a stuck pixel towards the middle of the screen, then all you have to do is press the power button, let it sleep, and then press it again, and it will instantly wake. That's how it was when i first got 10.6.8 on Chimera, but not that I'm trying to get to Lion, I just get a blank screen. I know everything has booted because I can screen share into the computer just fine. I have a feeling this is one of the power management kexts, but I'm nervous about deleting anything I might need.

Eager to know how this goes. I have the same specs and the same issues and I'm completely stuck at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back