GeForce GTX 960
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I know there have been similar questions asked on the forum, but from the ones that I've red I haven't found an answer that solves my problem so here we go.

My Yosemite hackintosh has been running great for a couple weeks with no big issues, if any. This until one day, when the intelligent creature that I am start thinking "My bootloader looks like ****!". So, I install the chimera bootloader from the Multibeast tool. This loader has got some sleek themes to use so I figured why not. After wiping the USB stick, which I previously used to boot my hackintosh using the Unibeast, I continued to installing the Chimera on to the stick. The bootloader works great for a day until all of a sudden it refuses to boot. I then get the message saying:

boot0: GPT
boot0: done

Are there any else who've encountered this problem, where it doesn't say "test" or anything, just "done"? How can I solve it?

EDIT: I may have to tell that all this is before I even get the option to boot the installer or the OS. This comes up after just booting the usb stick itself.

Please, let me know if this is in the wrong sub.
Thanks!

At first I used Unibeast with the install USB to boot OS, but then I wanted to try Chimera for artistic reasons. Problem is, I can't read the Unibeast stick at all now. Right from the bat when I boot the USB the boot0 messages go off. So the option to install does not present itself. Solution number two is not an option for me as I dont' have an additional mac/hackintosh.

At first I used Unibeast with the install USB to boot OS, but then I wanted to try Chimera for artistic reasons. Problem is, I can't read the Unibeast stick at all now. Right from the bat when I boot the USB the boot0 messages go off. So the option to install does not present itself. Solution number two is not an option for me as I dont' have an additional mac/hackintosh.

Is your UEFI set for legacy boot, UEFI boot or both? Chimera can only boot if legacy boot mode is enabled.

If you still get a boot0 error on the USB and cannot boot your OS X drive without it, then you need a Mac or another PC-Mac to repair your USB drive boot loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back