Graphics
nVidia GF210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys, I;m having a problem about dual booting Mac OSX Mountain Lion with Windows 8.1.

In the disk Utility, only 2 partition is detected, the 1st partition is listed as free space, 2nd partition is my files and 3rd Partition is Mac OSX.

Whenever i try to install charmeleon bootloader on my PC, the windows 8.1 cant be detected, but when i start to repair the windows 8.1 thru recovery using diskpart (setting the partition of windows 8.1 to active) the windows 8.1 will boot but i dont have any option for booting into Mac OS.

i have a 500 GB HDD

1ST partition - Windows 8.1
2ND - Files/Documents
3rd - Mac OSX mountain lion

I cant boot to the windows whenever i booted to Mac osx.

I used the the latest multibeast for installing the bootloader.

PS.

This was happened when i upgraded to windows 8.1 from windows 7

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 7.30.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 7.30.42 PM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 160
  • Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-20 at 7.32.07 PM.png
    134.2 KB · Views: 135
Hi guys, I;m having a problem about dual booting Mac OSX Mountain Lion with Windows 8.1.

In the disk Utility, only 2 partition is detected, the 1st partition is listed as free space, 2nd partition is my files and 3rd Partition is Mac OSX.

Whenever i try to install charmeleon bootloader on my PC, the windows 8.1 cant be detected, but when i start to repair the windows 8.1 thru recovery using diskpart (setting the partition of windows 8.1 to active) the windows 8.1 will boot but i dont have any option for booting into Mac OS.

i have a 500 GB HDD

1ST partition - Windows 8.1
2ND - Files/Documents
3rd - Mac OSX mountain lion

I cant boot to the windows whenever i booted to Mac osx.

I used the the latest multibeast for installing the bootloader.

PS.

This was happened when i upgraded to windows 8.1 from windows 7

Boot Win8.1
open your disk management app and post pic of the window.
There is the possibility that since you have installed Windows on a GPT+ formatted HDD, Win8.1 installed EFI and this is why Chimera/Chameleon can't see it to boot it.

You really need to get a HDD/SSD for Win8.1 to have all by itself. It would eliminate these update problems (or, at least, reduce them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back