Hello,

I recently build my own hackintosh:
H67MA-UD2H-B3
Intel i5 2500k
ATI HD 6850
4 GB RAM
USB-DISK 320 GB

Bios ver. F2

The problem now is that I can't open the presentation of powerpoint 2011. Allways i click on the "presentation start" button I got a black screen and after short time powerpoint crashes with this message:

Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0

Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_CRASH (SIGTRAP)
Date/Time: 2011-06-19 22:43:31 +0200
Application Name: Microsoft PowerPoint
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Powerpoint
Application Signature: PPT3
Application Version: 14.0.0.100825
Crashed Module Name: merp
Crashed Module Version: 2.2.4.100825
Crashed Module Offset: 0x00003ce2
Blame Module Name: merp
Blame Module Version: 2.2.4.100825
Blame Module Offset: 0x00003ce2
Application LCID: 1031
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0407
Crashed thread: 0

Does anyone have got an idea how to solve my problem? Thanks in advance.
bye

Can you be more specific:

What version of PPT are you using, is it 2011 or is the file 2011?

If you are trying to open a 2011 file in an older version, get whoever sent it to you to convert it to the older format.

Sorry if that wasn't the question you asked....can you add more details as to versions of program and file. Whether the issue is specific to that file, whether it will open on other computers, whether you can open other PPT files....etc.

Assuming you have the whole Office suite, do Word and Excel work normally?

repair permiss in HDD

The problem ist not a special file. Opening a ppt file or a design is no problem. But if I click on the play button or the presentation button to start the actual presentation (in fullscreen) powerpoint crashes. I tried to change the presentation style to reference view or similar. But then it starts the presentation in the new view and 1 second later it crashes again.
I use the Office Suite 2011 from MS. The problem occurs with every ppt file and with every design you can choose at the beginning.
My first guess was that it has something to do with openGL or similar things but I'm not sure. I tried GraphicEnabler="yes" and "no" but it didn't change anything.
Repairing the permissions with disk untility had no effect on the problem.

Hello,

I solved the problem by installing the 10.6.8 combo update. So I guess the problem concerned the graphic kext, because they changed with the update and made the 6850 officially supported. I used GraphicsEnabler="yes" but it should also work with "no".

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back