CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
MSI Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
New to here and to building computers. I was hoping that everyone on here might have a bit of advice. So here's the breakdown.
I'm looking to build a G5 case with a ASUS TUF Z390-M mobo and an i7-9700k processor. I haven't seen many/any builds with this one. Does the mobo size matter that much with the software or is it the chipset make the difference? I'm pretty clueless when it comes to things like this and don't want or have the skills to deal with an unstable system. Any help would be great

Hi Daruma, it's mostly the chipset that makes the difference, if you're not sure what to do, you can always check the buyer's guide here. You need to keep in mind that installing Mac Os on pc hardware is hacking and can be unstable sometimes. I've done a few for myself and have always been happy with the results but it can be challenging at times.

I recommend you go thru the builds here, read the threads and the comments of the people to instruct yourself and make an idea of how you want to build your rig.

Hi Daruma, it's mostly the chipset that makes the difference, if you're not sure what to do, you can always check the buyer's guide here. You need to keep in mind that installing Mac Os on pc hardware is hacking and can be unstable sometimes. I've done a few for myself and have always been happy with the results but it can be challenging at times.

I recommend you go thru the builds here, read the threads and the comments of the people to instruct yourself and make an idea of how you want to build your rig.
Thanks. That helps me a bit. I was concerned about if i should go z370 or not. I think after some more looking, a Z390 of some sort should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back