Contribute
Register

Power mac G4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha thanks:)
Well what happened was that when I did my motherboard standoffs they didn't quite work out as I'd intended and the motherboard is sitting a little too far back from the I/O back plate, I bolted it in so I'm not really sure if I can do much to adjust it... might be able to move the holes forward a bit or something:lol: but yeah I was worried 200w PSU wouldn't be enough but it seems all good after running for a few weeks:headbang: only trouble is I can't find many ITX? power supplies available online, I got this one out of a junk computer so if/ when it dies I might have a bit of trouble finding one to replace it:confused: might have to get an ultra low cpu cooler so I can actually fit in a full ATX power supply.
I kept my case stock because I kind of like it, but I wish I could do an awesome paint job like the one on yours:thumbup: except I was a bit worried about making a mess of it so I left it this time, but maybe if I find another Mac to play with I'll give it a go:lol: though I can never seem to get my hands on many old macs around here, working or not, I guess people keep them!
Oh yeah I did get windows 7 running, it's not as good as on a dual core cpu but it runs alright with about 3 gigabytes RAM and an improvement over my old machine: a pentium 4, 1gb ram and xp lol:lol:

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be keeping an eye on your build thread too, it's going nicely:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back