Contribute
Register

Post installation issues on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded that last night from sourceforge page last night when I wiped it. Same results.
You are mistaken - The linked download is a TMX86 build not source forge.

I just had a thought, I have been wipeing the drive and the efi partions through disk utility when I install HS from the usb. I select the 850 wipe to ntfs and mbr, then wipe it again to Mac journaled guid partion. That should wipe all volumes and APFS containers from previous installs?
Just follow the Installation Guide.

My solution has been booting from the USB, and I have everything working. For whatever reason I am unable to boot using the above suggested methods into the current OS.

Hi,

I have same motherboard and proc. And same problem.

Have you found a solution ?

My solution has been booting from the USB, and I have everything working. For whatever reason I am unable to boot using the above suggested methods into the current OS.

The first answer you have got is still the correct answer. There is no reason that it doesn't work.

The error ""reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key" means there were no bootloader found to boot. It's surprising, but should be fixed by a reinstallation of clover (UEFI) on your hackintosh. To do so, run the installer I attached, and then follow the exact step from what is said on this post :

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Attachments

• Clover_v2.4k_r4423.RM-4614.cf0897a3.zip
    11.8 MB · Views: 47
@gex2113 During your installation of High Sierra, did you get stuck at "End Randomseed +++[..]"?
I have almost the same hardware as you have and I keep running into this error. Updating from Sierra also does not work..
Which Kexts do you utilize?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back