Motherboard
Custom Desktop
CPU
Intel i5 6600K
Graphics
ZOTAC GTX 1050 Ti OC
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I just successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with iBoot and Multibeast Supported with a retail 10.6.0 DVD. I used Easy Beast along with the additional kexts Voodoo Trackpad/PS2 and VoodooHDA (no volume control). I got my battery indicator working with VoodooBattery. Most everything else works out of the box. I am working on getting webcam support and internal card reader support.

I have a problem getting my 9200m to not flicker my TV through the HDMI output of my laptop. Before 10.6.3, I used Nvenabler to get my graphics working with dual screens. Now, the latest graphics enabler in the chameleon bootloader included with Multibeast Supported gives full graphics support, except for the flickering of the TV through HDMI. I haven't tried my VGA output yet, but I can try that tomorrow after work.

Here are my specs:
HP Pavilion dv5-1015nr Entertainment Notebook PC
NorthBridge: Intel M45, SouthBridge: Intel ICH9M
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7350
RAM: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hard Drives: 320 GB WD
Wireless: Broadcom 4321AG (native support!)
Blu-Ray/DVD-RW: Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S (plays DVDs and will read Blu Ray discs, but not play them)
Sound: IDT 92HD71B7X (VoodooHDA - no volume control)
Video: nVidia 9200M GS (PC EFI graphics enabler - HDMI flickering)

EDIT: Video flickering has been solved. I have to use VGA output to connect a second monitor because HDMI doesn't seem to sync properly. I don't know what I need to do to get all of my USB ports working, but hopefully with time I can figure that out. I'm still working on webcam support and the SD card reader support too.

I'm making progress on getting full hardware support. I got my webcam working by installing the driver from my webcam manufacturer's website. SD card reader support is still being worked on and I'm trying to figure out what's needed to get the rest of my USB ports working. Maybe some DSDT patching? I'm new to DSDT, but I will see what I can do.

I just successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6.4 with iBoot and Multibeast Supported with a retail 10.6.0 DVD. I used Easy Beast along with the additional kexts Voodoo Trackpad/PS2 and VoodooHDA (no volume control). I got my battery indicator working with VoodooBattery. Most everything else works out of the box. I am working on getting webcam support and internal card reader support.

Here are my specs:
HP Pavilion dv5-1015nr Entertainment Notebook PC
NorthBridge: Intel M45, SouthBridge: Intel ICH9M
Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo P7350
RAM: 4 GB 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hard Drives: 320 GB WD
Wireless: Broadcom 4321AG (native support!)
Blu-Ray/DVD-RW: Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500S (plays DVDs and will read Blu Ray discs, but not play them)
Sound: IDT 92HD71B7X (VoodooHDA - no volume control)
Video: nVidia 9200M GS (PC EFI graphics enabler - HDMI flickering)

Hello, pcmantinker. Could you please share some info on your installation. I have a laptop with almost the same hardware installed and I'd like to install SL or ElC. My clover usb installer does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back